Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might have some fun before the new tyre goes on tomorrow. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
There is no bike, NO BIKE, that looks as sweet smoking it up as the 12.

Thanks Kiwi, we are racing this weekend so I haven't ridden the 12 in 2 weeks now.

You made my day with that photo!!! 8)

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem Blitz, here's another.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ahhhh, we are talking plural burnouts, not the singular type!!!

I can almost smell the rubber if I close my eyes and concentrate.... :D

G

·
0 Posts
Nice stuff FK , is that the only way to keep warm in the deep south? :lol:
What rubber are you going to put on that tyre shredder of yours?
Is that still the original front 207 I can see in the pic?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, thats the origional rubber. 3000km's, I'm going for another Dunlop only because the dealer threw one in with the bike when I bought it. I'm going to a 190 next after reading all the good stuff here about them.
I don't mind the Dunlops, but when this set wears out I will be moving on to something else.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
That's pretty cool, but I prefer this kind. Way easier on the rubber (not my truck)....

I can tell ya first hand, there's very little in life that compares to seeing the look of a slammed Honda driver, when you fill his interior with a good ole soot shower when you take off from a traffic light 8)

Always reminds me of VICTORY !!!!

Scott W.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Bigsaint.....now thats a smoke show!! :lol: I take it thats a Turbo diesel....what kind of set up is that...how much boost etc??? I have been getting some info for a friends Dodge. He went with a small kit from Diesel Dynamics. Good for another 40 hp. I saw some awesome kits in there though that would give his truck almost 500 hp.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Bam, that's Dave Mitchells 12 valve beast, yep turbo diesel. Actually, Dave runs twin turbos on his truck, I believe. I'd guess he's seeing around 70-80 psi's of boost with the twins.

It's beyond easy to make huge HP numbers with the Cummins diesel. Some of the guys on the TDR are seeing over 700 RWHP with the addition of N20. Without drugs, you can reach 600 relatively easy. Just got to upgrade wisely so that you don't break too much :wink: I'm at a standstill right now, have to get the head O-ringed and a copper headgasket, then I can think about ( should say dream about) twins and a NOS kit.

Scott W.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Thanks Saint...I never used to be into Diesels until this summer watching some professional tractor pulls. Those things sounded like a turbine. You could tell they made some serious power.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
That picture just makes me shake my head. Not in a bad way, but being a grey market 2-stroke man, can't figure out why I have to sneak my little 250 and 500 past the EPA. Don't know how many pints of oil I'd have to inject to produce that much smoke. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Nice job Kiwi -- I always love a nice smokie burnout.

I am 50% Kiwi myself. Maori (maternal side) -- Maniapoto from Waikato.

Hope all is well down there.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Tainui,
Yeh I'm from Auckland origionally, just up the road from Tainui country. :D
Things are pretty much what you make them here, like everywhere else I guess.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
nedragr, I know what your saying. Just so you know, diesel emissions are regulated, just like the gassers. My truck couldn't produce a puff of black smoke no matter what I did when it was stock. If you see a diesel p/u laying down a cloud of death, it's modified and is no way close to the EPA regs. They come from the factory turned down low, we turn 'em up. The 12 valvers, like the one in the pic. above, use all mechanical mods., i.e., the fuel injection pump (Bosch P7100) is broken into and everything is readjusted to put out more fuel. On the newer 24 valvers, we don't have that luxury as we have a electronic injection pump and have to use fueling computers, somewhat similar to the Power commander, to amplify/interupt the the signal from the ECM to the injection pump, forcing it to go to up to a 65% increase in the solenoid duty cycle. That, combined with huge aftermarket injectors and a larger turbo/exhaust, makes the power. The black smoke you see in the pic. is actually half burnt fuel. The injection pump is throwing more fuel than can be burned while at low boost. Once the turbo spools up, it's more of a wispy grey cloud.

Scott W.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts