Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya went to the track today only running 1/8 clowdy and wet best 60 was a 1.78 spinning bike ran 6.38 at120 in 1/8. but ran out the whole 1/4 every shift could hear it slip on higher gears shut her down and clutch puller broke clean off at the tip. any one ever had this happen.thinking of ordering a hayes any one tried one.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
clutch pack way low??

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
whats the air gap?

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
ummmm.....
"clearance between buttons and arms" then.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Normally its the arm that chips but the puller usually survives :headscratch:

I use a single stage MTC lock up that took a long time for me to get set right for the tracks I use most but I bought a Hays last year and have not fitted it yet because we got the MTC to work properly.Project one this Winter.

I dont know if there are any more Hays available new but you might find one used or a MTC multi stage both can be tuned much more than the single stage.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont know what you mean by the arm chips .if you could shed some light on the arms . I will putting it back to gether tonight thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya found that the clutch was worn so bad that the shaft would push the puller before it would pull on it

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
ya I got .135 mtc plate to pressure plate [/ATTACH]
a little big, but not enough to cause that issue, just worn out parts. Im guessing caused by trying to pull the clutch in with that crazy amount of weight on the arms. i have nowhere close to that much with my turbo bike....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya looks like alot of weight thats how i got it thinking of removeing the washers .I was thinking of runing 4 springs insted of the 6 on presure plate so it would slip a little on the launch last time she spun then hooked up brought rpms right down .

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks a little heavy may be take washers out.was thinking of running 4 springs on the lockup insted of the 6 let slip a little in the launch leep the rpm up?

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
take all the bolts off, not just the washers. 4 springs would be a good starting point

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
theres are minor changes, the parts are all interchangeable

1 - 20 of 24 Posts