But I'm still waiting on our little bundle of joy to arrive. Additionally I need another front tire so I can't push the envelope with any hard cornering. :? So I will have to pass this time, otherwise I'd take a spot on that trailer!!! Have a great time and be safe. The Dragon is fun but I thought the Cherohala was better!! 8)
Hey fella's, although it's very doubtful, I just might take a day off and
head that way. I'd love to me you guy's and I'm due for a good ride.
Like I said, it's doubtful, but I'm thinkin' about it. Is there any way to
reach you guy's?
My original plan was to leave Sep 19 and return the 22 four day weekend. But Rob has backed out and I'm not into spending four day's by myself. And it's a little unsafe riding alone, In new area. Too many thing's can happen.
I have talked to Annette my wife, And she said she cannot go this weekend.
I don't know. This suck's. If I'd known this I'd have went down last weekend with Otis and his crowd from bikeland.
Annette said she can go next weekend, [26-29]She don't ride and she won't get on the back of my bike. At least I would'nt be alone for four day's.
If anybody can make this weekend [19-22] or any of the day's?
let me know. Or I'll be going [26-29]
OL (or Used to be the artist formally known as Wardawggggggggggg). I'd like to go for a day or two on a week end. It is supposed to rain hard in the Charlotte area for the next 5 days. Charlotte is about 185 miles east of DG. I suspect DG will be getting some rain too. I'll be riding, not trailering. Oh well. Let me know and I'll try to make it for a day or two.
Sorry about your dilemma Outlaw, you should have come with us, great fellas and awesome riding. I'll be sure to let know when we choose the May dates. We'll have them by December so there will be plenty of time to make arrangements. And we don't ever back out, next May will be Deals Gap V.
Mark If you can make next weekend 26-29 any of those day's, I'll be taking my camper and you have a free place to crash and free food. Steak's over tha campfire. Just show up. I'm putting bike in back of truck and hooking camper up.
I'm bound and determined to make it before all the tourist show up before fall color's hit full stride.
I'm trying to decide where to camp at now. I'm going to do some research this morning. Pumpkin campground is right at the beginning of the Tail Of The Dragon.
Hey Outlaw, Sounds good. I'd probably come up Friday evening and ride back home Saturday evening (depending how much DG kicks my butt - may have to rest another night before riding home). I certainly appreciate the offer. I'll see if I can find a place close by to buy a couple cases of Pabsts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not sure about a camping spot. The end of the Tail of the Dragon
sound's like a good spot. I'm not 100% sure, but it seem's like I've seen
some camper's at the Crossroad's of Time (the infamous gathering spot
of the Dragon). You might give them a call and ask.
Sounds great Outlaw. Let's hope the weather is good. We've been getting a lot of rain lately which we've needed though. The temperature should be perfect the end of September. Please email me at [email protected] and I'll send you my cell number.
The weather is perfect this time of year. One thing though, cause it gets cooler at night you really have to hold off riding til about 10:30 am cause up on the foothills and of course the cherahola, there is a tremendous amount of fog. You need to wait til it burns off. We went out at 10:30 every morning and it was fine.