Kawasaki World banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

· Registered
1,350 Posts
I was really surprised, the front being smaller in general and still able to save three pounds... How can the rear a bigger rim (more room to improve) be only a one lb improvement... Just doesn't make sense...

Again I am all for reducing moi unsprung and rotating mass etc etc etc...

The numbers just seemed off.

And warp you set an excellent example for all of us to dream of following... Thanks for the in depth threads And keep it up.

Congrats on the h2 and I can't wait to see what it will do.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was really surprised, the front being smaller in general and still able to save three pounds... How can the rear a bigger rim (more room to improve) be only a one lb improvement... Just doesn't make sense...

Again I am all for reducing moi unsprung and rotating mass etc etc etc...

The numbers just seemed off.

And warp you set an excellent example for all of us to dream of following... Thanks for the in depth threads And keep it up.

Congrats on the h2 and I can't wait to see what it will do.
Thanks! The wheels should arrive tomorrow, and I will try to post some pics. I probably wont be able to install them for at least a couple of weeks. I also have to do some research and decide what tire combo I want to run.

· Registered
528 Posts
Thanks! The wheels should arrive tomorrow, and I will try to post some pics. I probably wont be able to install them for at least a couple of weeks. I also have to do some research and decide what tire combo I want to run.
Looks like front saves 3 pounds and rear only 1 pound per 650ib video...I wonder if your weights will confirm that

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Looks like front saves 3 pounds and rear only 1 pound per 650ib video...I wonder if your weights will confirm that
As I posted above, Brock has already responded to that video:

Here are true wheel weights, using certified scales:

OEM H2 (2015) Front and Rear Wheel Weights

OEM Front (bare, w/ bearings):
10.00 lb. (add .10 for spacers)

BST Front (w spacers):
SIZE : 3.5" x 17"
WEIGHT : 7.00 lb. (3.17 kg)
Add .25 lb. (0.11 kg) with Worldwide Bearings ceramic bearings
Add .30 lb. (0.13 kg) with Worldwide Bearings steel bearings

OEM Rear Wheel (bare):
10.95 lb.

BST Rear:
SIZE : 6" x 17"
WEIGHT : 7.05 lb. (3.19 kg)
I am expecting numbers closer to the above (3.9 lbs savings on the rear). You can't compare weights with different size tires with different wear levels, as I mentioned before. Typically, when Brock's posts weights, I have found them to be accurate. We will see....soon.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Got my set today. Beautiful!

Weighed them on my food scale:

Rear:

Front (w/spacers & ceramic bearings):

So, I'd say the advertised weights of about 7 lbs for each wheel are spot-on.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That is a nice vid...but the rear wheel weight comparison is WAY off..because he is comparing wheels with different tires mounted, and different wear. The rear wheel weighs just over 7 lbs, almost 4 lbs lighter than the stock wheel....in fact, lighter than the front, by my scale.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.