• Think it could be better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Who's going to ride it?

According to Cycle New Norick Abe will be riding it. Word is that Eric is going to stay state side but will undoubtely get some time on the Kawasaki MotoGP entry. Honda now has Rossi, Nicky, Biaggi, and Hopkins. Yamaha is still looking for a team mate for Checa. I haven't heard what Collin Edwards is going to do yet, but Yamaha would be smart to talk to him.[/url]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kwaka Motogp

Great pics - more if you have access to them please. The news down under is that Aussie supersport rider Andrew Pitt :lol: is one of the riders for next years motogp. I personnally think that Eric Bostrum has more than proved his abilities on an under-dog powered 750 bike this year. Great watching that guy ride. Apparently, Akira Yanagawa is riding the bike in the last 4 motogp of this year, which includes the Australian motogp.
Colin Edwards has signed to ride the Ducati Superbike???????????
Troy Bayliss & Loris Caporossi to ride the Ducati motogp?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Yeah, I'm the one that voted "could be better"
I really dont care for the tail on this, like the idea but doesnt match the rest of the bike. Love the exhaust location tho and the choice in pipes :lol:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
We think the same sometimes Avenger. The tail was just a little too squared off for me also.

Looks sort of out of place, for lack of better description.

I did give a thumbs up though because I thought the rest of the bike looked good. Perhaps I should have thought my response out more thoroughly though, the tail is pretty ugly.

As in FLA, when that vote button is hit, its hit baby.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep in mind the bike is still in development, some of the earlier photos had the pipe on the right side (see below)

As for riders I had heard the same regarding Pitt as well, the Fuchs decals would certainly support the Eckle run team rumors. As far as Pitt goes, as much as he's a great rider I think Bostrom deserves it better, after all Pitt hasn't ridden a superbike at the world level (to my knowledge). I've heard the rumors regarding Abe too, also heard Barros' name mentioned.

Eboz will be involved in the development of the bike and has signed a new two year deal to ride for Kawi.
http://www.ericbostrom.com/cgi-local/autoupdater/articleview.pl?20020916145328

Yanagawa will likely ride the new bike in the remaining 4 motogp races

Here's a link to Kawi's MotoGp site

http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/msinfo/gp/index_e.html

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I've heard where it's been dyno'd at about 230 hp. That's down about 20 hp to the Honda. Honda had their's on the dyno pre 2001. Almost a good year before the new rules where voted on and accepted by all. Don't figure???

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From the Kawi website "The engine will be a Kawasaki trademark liquid-cooled, DOHC In-Line Four. Using a Ram Air System developed through racing feedback from the ZXR-7 and the ZX-7RR, we have been able to achieve a remarkable level of power. The engine displacement is less than 990 cm3, per the new FIM regulations. Compared to the streamlined shape of our current Superbike, the new machine's angular lines were developed using an aerodynamic approach that aims to eliminate turbulent airflow through the use of its strategically located edges."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well....

:twisted: Kwaka has known how to blow a bike for many years (ie gpz-750 turbo, zxr750, ZX-6R, 9R, 12R...Etc,) and have punched out more horses per cube than most! Also keep in mind that they build aero's for a crust (ie, Phantom 2 style nose for the original ZX-12R!!) IF this previos hostory is anything to go by then we are all in for a good show, BUT...., Homda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and the Proton, have had at LEAST one year to improve thier own machines! GO THE GREEN

(PS Easy, PLEASE allow me to continue to use THIS name per email sent earlier!)
J

Keep it Black side down

1 - 17 of 17 Posts