Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been going on for awhile now, but I finally got around to mentioning it. Someone has a virus that is emailing people using the to and from locations from people in their email list . For example someone will get emailed with my email address as the originator becausse my email address was in their email list. My machine is updated with the latest virus definitions daily and scanned every night. I have a very clean machine, however I am getting rejected emails sent back to me because my email is in the From Field.
From looking at the returned email header I have a hunch that the person who has an infected machine is in the UK, this should narrow it down a bit. If you are in the UK and visit this site you should make sure that you have Norton Antivirus installed on your machine. I have found that Mcaffee doesn't work, it lets too many viruses through.
I am not sure if this will help, but a trick that I use is to create a name in your email list using ! and leave the email field blank. Apparently that will stall out some viruses that use your email list to send out the virus.

I have been accused tof sending people viruses and that is not happening unless there is a virus that Norton doesn't detect yet.

I hope this helps,

Easyrider

·
Registered
205 Posts
I received yesterday an infected email from one of the members. I am sure he didnt know, so I sent him an email letting him know. I guess it worked.

Fausto

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
there are billions and billions of unprotected machines out there....

wise up people!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Easy, another thing that works to let you know you have a virus that uses emailing is to add a fake email addy to the TOP of your list. For example [email protected], this way IF you do have an email virus and it sends out from your address book you will get an email demon back saying that the above email address does not exist. Then you can email everyone on your list about it and fix the problem rather than going undetected.. And by the way Easy, what is the virus that it is detecting, I will see if I can find a quick fix for it and post it on this site if you want !!

·
Registered
41 Posts
re-virus

My address book has a character in front of all the addresses. it is not a problem just to delete one character before sending a mail. For example [email protected] would appear in my address book as [email protected] and just prior to sending the mail I would delete the x. Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
I GET THE KLEZ @ LEAST ONCE A WEEK......NORTON 2002 FIREWALL WORKS PRETTY DAM GOOD. I THINK WE GET HIT A LOT CUZ THE WOMAN SPENDS A LOT OF TIME ON MORPHEUS AND KAAZA. CHRIS

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Easy,
We had a bout of the worm klez about 6 months ago and just about everyone got infected, i wonder if it is possible for someone who has had their computer dormant for this period of time and just rejoined the site. I know little or nothing about viruses. The virus you described is the worm klez to a T. I posted at the time, a warning and the cures were put on the post. Did it get saved anywhere?
Regards
Ted

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I got the Klez again today, this time it was from Richard.
I have e-mailed and pinged him just to let him know.
Good thing for virus software :wink:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have any viruses on my machine, however what bothered me is that my email is being used in the return address in the virus emails that are being sent out by people who do not have proper antivirus software running. Even though these emails are not coming from me, it makes it look like they are, some people do not understand how this can happen and that leads to people getting ticked off at me.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Easy.... I have the same problem my cpu is germ free and someone or something is using my email address to send out DA WORM..... :shock:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Damn,
I just pulled the back up computer up this morning because the other one was being stupid. Our local computer guru says that a virus came through an email and tore it up. (Basically made it really slow)
So now I had it to. Hopw someone figures out who got it originally and takes care of it.
Both pc's now antivirus updated should get old back tommorow.

·
Registered
152 Posts
easyrider said:
This has been going on for awhile now, but I finally got around to mentioning it. Someone has a virus that is emailing people using the to and from locations from people in their email list . For example someone will get emailed with my email address as the originator becausse my email address was in their email list. My machine is updated with the latest virus definitions daily and scanned every night. I have a very clean machine, however I am getting rejected emails sent back to me because my email is in the From Field.
From looking at the returned email header I have a hunch that the person who has an infected machine is in the UK, this should narrow it down a bit. If you are in the UK and visit this site you should make sure that you have Norton Antivirus installed on your machine. I have foud that Mcaffee doesn't work, it lets to many viruses through.
I am not sure if this will help, but a trick that I use is to create a name in your email list using ! and leave the email field blank. Apparently that will stall out some viruses that use your email list to send out the virus.

I have been accused tof sending people viruses and that is not happening unless there is a virus that Norton doesn't not detect yet.

I hope this helps,

Easyrider
I agree with you 100% and Norton is very cheap protection, the problem is people do not update the service. I know people who have not updated in two years, and they think they are still protected.

·
Registered
568 Posts
"POST WHORE"
Is that the same as an "AFTER WHORE" / "USE TO BE A WHORE"
or is it the same as a "BEFORE WHORE" / "FIXIN TO BE A WHORE"
?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts