Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently trying to get a '03 636 running again for my friend.

Someone broke the steering lock, mashed the triple tree, looks like they cut the ignition wires with a foking pliers and then couldn't get it to start. Probably fried something, then rolled it down the hill to beneath a semi trailer. The bike was found under there with the battery and exhaust stripped. My friend doesn't know if there was a power commander in it. I checked all the fuses, tested the main ECU relay, fuel pump relay, and ECU power/ground. They're fine. I am going to check spark tomorrow, and fuel coming out of the fuel line when cranking. It seems like it's just not getting gas, but we'll see if there's spark tomorrow.

The bike will light up and crank but not fire. Has a good battery in it already that I charge daily as I tinker. I'm currently using clampy thangs to hot wire it... until the new ignition and triple tree come.

WHERE SHOULD I LOOK TO SEE IF THERE WAS A POWER COMMANDER?

WHAT ELSE COULD HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED OR FRIED DURING A HOT WIRE ATTEMPT?

Thanks all,

-Sig

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Have you rewired the ignition barrel or are bypassing it via your own hotwire?
Theres typically some resistors built into the ignition barrel, the ecu detects this resistance for it to start as a simple security feature. So if bypassed, the ecu wont allow it to start....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think that is the problem. I am bypassing. That is a genius security feature that kept the bike from being ridden away! Praise Kawasaki! Shipping these days is taking 3-5 weeks for some parts and I just want to be able to verify the bike does still run, and that the ecu and fuel pump circuit weren't fried.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts