Kawasaki World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still chasing down why my 12 won't run. Fuel pump didn't do anything for it so I figured I'd throw a new set up spark plugs in it. The ones I ordered came and they are CR9EK and the ones in my 12 are CR9EKPA.

The top photo is my plug and the bottom with the new plug is the CR9EK.

What do y'all think? I have a set of the right plug coming from Dennis Kirk and don't really want to run something I don't know if it is not right.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another observation discovered while pulling spark plugs. 1 and 3 were loose as hell, in fact 3 was a turn or two out.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Those will work, but if you have the right plugs coming, I would use the right ones. Be a good time to check the coils. A little dialectic lube in the plug boots too.

cmg

·
Registered
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those will work, but if you have the right plugs coming, I would use the right ones. Be a good time to check the coils. A little dialectic lube in the plug boots too.

cmg
Yeah, with the right ones coming, I'm going to wait til the new plugs get here.

Are new coils still available for the 12?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
The manual has an easy test for the coils. I haven’t bought any new but the ones I pick up off eBay have always checked out good. Of course the chances of getting a bad one are possible too...lol

Is the FI light on?

cmg

·
Registered
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The manual has an easy test for the coils. I haven’t bought any new but the ones I pick up off eBay have always checked out good. Of course the chances of getting a bad one are possible too...lol

Is the FI light on?

cmg
Nope, no lights.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
i use the cr9e in all my stuff. much cheaper and fire better under the load of forced induction. but they do need changed a little more often. cr9e, cr9ek, cr9eix, cr9ekpa, all work

·
Registered
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dennis Kirk had the right plugs here in 2 days. Now I just need to find motivation to get over to the shop and install them.

·
Registered
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i use the cr9e in all my stuff. much cheaper and fire better under the load of forced induction. but they do need changed a little more often. cr9e, cr9ek, cr9eix, cr9ekpa, all work
What makes them fire better?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts