Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine told me i may have flooded my spark plugs? how/can i get to my plugs. and what are the best replacement plugs. 2000 zx-12r w/ pcIIIR (mircron serpent)

·
Registered
650 Posts
i dont think there is one :lol:
i mean have you seen inside there?........not a whole lot of room

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where in the Service Manual I find the procedure to change the SparkPlugs?
Its a pain in the ass to get on the spark plugs and Air suction valvue :evil:

regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd rather someone kick me fair in the junk with a running start than change plugs on a 12R but it is painfully possible with a magnetic spark plug socket and a couple of 3in extensions, the breather above can be disconnected by the largest hose and pulled out of way with all other hoses still attached to breather. Make no mistake that the designer of the ZX12R is pure evil and has the smallest hands of ANY living creature.

·
Registered
149 Posts
a friend of mine told me i may have flooded my spark plugs? how/can i get to my plugs. and what are the best replacement plugs. 2000 zx-12r w/ pcIIIR (mircron serpent)
Remove the clean air system (preferably permenantly) and use the sparkplug tool in the original tool set makes it very easy to change the plugs, you do 1,2 and 3 from the left side and number 4 from the righthand side

·
Registered
18,665 Posts
The factory tools make spark plugs changes not so bad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Takes about 30 mins to change a set, not much room but it's do-able,as mentioned the tool kit plug spanner and Kleen Air mod are a good starting point. I like(ed) the stock plugs, many are happy with the Iridium plugs though :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
CR9EKPA are stock I believe. Platinum dual electrode. Expensive bastids.

Some sub in the iridium, which will work as well, but has a single electrode. I prefer the multiple paths. As long as she is burnin good tho, single is good (and a lot cheaper).

You need the plug tool. Makes a nightmare job a breeze. I can't imagine trying without one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts