Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... Just signed the registration over to Kzscott. He paid me and the 12r is officially his. I sold the 12r awhile back and bought it back on impulse. My plans were to build 2 decks on my place this summer, which i did, and a few other things, to raise the property value and re-mortgage my place. I bought the 12r back with plans for a big bore kit ect.
....Then the bank told me that the economy is in such a rough state that they are clamping down on mortgages. Bottom line....i have more important things to spend my money on than big bore kits. However all is not bad news. The girlfriend plans on paying for half of a new 14r in two years when her truck is paid off.:king:....Take care of speed3's old ride Scott.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will this turn of events effect your viewpoints regarding acetone as a fuel additive?

;)
How do you mean? That the acetone damaged it? Nope. I would use the acetone again. When i sold the bike the first time it was working awesome. The best it has ever worked since i have owned it. I dont really know what the outcome was. My buddy drove it and then he lent it out for a weekend to one of his friends. Who knows what kind of abuse/mis-use the bike went through afer it left my possession?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Scott does to this bike will give it more kick than acetone did im sure. Redsled.
...He said he just plans on freshening it up and keeping it as reliable as possible. Crank work and just rings. But hard to say with him. Might end up being super/turbo charged.:lol:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
How do you mean? That the acetone damaged it? Nope. I would use the acetone again. When i sold the bike the first time it was working awesome. The best it has ever worked since i have owned it. I dont really know what the outcome was. My buddy drove it and then he lent it out for a weekend to one of his friends. Who knows what kind of abuse/mis-use the bike went through afer it left my possession?
I am guessing too low of octane (cheap). Detonation, and a pounded piston and rod bearing. Just a guess. :puzzled:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dude... it was a joke!

I wanted you to respond with, "Aw hells naw! I puts that 'tone on my Cheerios!"

Or words to that effect.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
i think i have most of the parts to fix it if the damage isnt too great. Im not even going to start it, just take it apart before more damage occurs. it will get parked in a corner until the race bikes are done. i will hopefully have it back to its former glory for summer. I need to work on my cornering, seems like I mostly drive in a straight line on these things lol

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
i think i have most of the parts to fix it if the damage isnt too great. Im not even going to start it, just take it apart before more damage occurs. it will get parked in a corner until the race bikes are done. i will hopefully have it back to its former glory for summer. I need to work on my cornering, seems like I mostly drive in a straight line on these things lol
TRACK DAY !!!!!!!!! :crazyloco:

cmg

·
Registered
430 Posts
Get it running right scott and we'll get you out for some miles . you'll learn the turns fast enough with some of the nuts I ride with.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
we will see what happens :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...I just helped Kzscott and his buddy load up the 12r. When i sold it the first time a few months back it was working great with no snow on the ground and it didnt really bother me.This time around i sold it with something wrong with the engine, its freezing outside with snow on the ground, and it feels a little sad and weird.:headscratch:...a delayed reaction perhaps? This must be what it feels like when one of your kids move out and go to college?:rotflmao:

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
its safe and sound in the cave. it may get a higher education when its pulled apart ;)
thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts