Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just bought a zx12r - 01 and been thinking about changing all original brake lines to stainless steel braided ones.

First question; Do you feel any difference breaking with steel braided lines compared to original? Or is it just a cool thing with better life time?

Second question;
It cost a lot to buy these things in Sweden, so I wonder if you guys know any dealer that ships to Sweden? Is Ebay the best place to buy from?
I'm looking for the whole kit, both front and rear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Don't know about shipping to the mother land, but I've had braided lines on every bike I've owned and for just around town commuting type of riding u won't feel a huge difference but if your a "spirited" street rider and back road burner u will absolutely notice a big deference. Continued hard braking when u really start to heat up the brakes is when braided lines come into their own. Not sure how much more they are in Sweden but they are well worth the investment if u ride hard... FOR SURE! Good luck man hope u track a set down...

·
Super Moderator
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help!

@2WheelObsessed : Good info! Now it all makes sence to me :)

@SteveW : HEL seems to be a top quality brand, and the price is right! :)

/Jonas

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Braided line are money well spent...

You are going to need the double banjo bolt coming off the master cylinder as you will be going from one line to 2...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi guys,

Just bought a zx12r - 01 and been thinking about changing all original brake lines to stainless steel braided ones.

First question; Do you feel any difference breaking with steel braided lines compared to original? Or is it just a cool thing with better life time?

Second question;
It cost a lot to buy these things in Sweden, so I wonder if you guys know any dealer that ships to Sweden? Is Ebay the best place to buy from?
I'm looking for the whole kit, both front and rear.

Thanks!
Braided is more "direct", you want it at rear but a personal taste if like it front.

My one is from Core moto USA Performance Brake lines | Coremoto.com

Recommended

And use organic pads rear... sinter front...

They ship where u like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts