Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i go about testing the stator and the voltage regulator? and what is the voltage that they should be putting out?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
There is a whole thread about the stator issue, that also, I think, has a step by step testing procedure. There is a post on here also where it was typed up from the manual....

Just do a search in the forums for "Stator" and you're gonna find more than enough info about those 2 items...

The long and skinny of it is, if you look under your pillion seat on the left side (facing front) there between the sub frame and plastic is your rectifier (voltage reg) and there is 2 plugs just in front in the foam in there...the plug with 3 wires into it (front one I believe) is your stator plug. Use a multi-meter and test for continuity there and for whatever AC voltage is coming out when running over 2000rpm...if juiced there, and after rectifier, you good....into rec, ac out dc....check that plug for oil if you are having charging issues...VERY common on the 12s...even after the recall repair...

There's more detailed info with pics all over this forum....:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
There is a whole thread about the stator issue, that also, I think, has a step by step testing procedure. There is a post on here also where it was typed up from the manual....

Just do a search in the forums for "Stator" and you're gonna find more than enough info about those 2 items...

The long and skinny of it is, if you look under your pillion seat on the left side (facing front) there between the sub frame and plastic is your rectifier (voltage reg) and there is 2 plugs just in front in the foam in there...the plug with 3 wires into it (front one I believe) is your stator plug. Use a multi-meter and test for continuity there and for whatever AC voltage is coming out when running over 2000rpm...if juiced there, and after rectifier, you good....into rec, ac out dc....check that plug for oil if you are having charging issues...VERY common on the 12s...even after the recall repair...

There's more detailed info with pics all over this forum....:thumbup:
+1 if you have a voltage meter you can also check:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts