Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good one that will fit a '02 12R...If you have part numbers this would be great. I get head shakes, and it's time to help get rid of them.

Sorry, if someone already asked...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they replaced the switch under warranty, after reading about clutches and this switch, I think I'll get the extended warranty for 3 years, like whats standard down in the States (in magazine articles it says 3 years, unlimited)...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone use the Scotts Rotary Steering Damper?

How about the drilling of holes in the frame, is this ok to do :?: ?

·
Registered
648 Posts
A small thing, but it is DAMPER not dampener!!! Otherwise, I am interested to hear opinions too, as my '02 could use a bit of calming down in the steering head area.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Are you going to edit Happy Camper and ZX12 alien now??? :) Dampner, geez!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wonder if by shiming the rear shock, maybe that would steady the front to the way it should be???? thoughts????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope, head shakes are caused from improper alignment of the front and rear wheels... for example, heavy counter steering and acceling out of a corner hard, or doing a wheelie and not putting the front down in line with the rear...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
A light front end under acceleration can definitely cause a head shake if the pavement has irregularities in it. It helps tremendously to increase the preload in the rear of the bike because it keeps more weight on the front, especially under acceleration. But there is no substitute for a steering damper.

·
4,208 Posts
Scotts

I have a Scotts on my 01 ...and couldnt be happier.....Install was a lil bit of a bitch but well worth it trust me......it's easy to adjust while riding and has made a world of a difference ...the Bike feels as though it is on rails when cornering ....and touches down with little viloence when the front is pointed skyward....I posted pics in the past ...ask easy to bring em over from the other site.and it is completely paintable....mine is the Faster green model.........Brian.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
scotts/ohlins

I believe the scotts is made with ohlins internals and is considered an ohlins product.

Hell I sure need one...I came of a small bridge slightly sideways...was doing about 230-240...major tank slapper made me crap my shorts...car coming right at me...missed the car...recovered before a "chicane"...front brake temporarely faded to shit...had to slam it over right then left at about 190kmh.

Didnt know a "tanker" could fuck your brakes up... :shock: THEY CAN! :shock:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Scotts

EPSTEIN said:
I have a Scotts on my 01 ...and couldnt be happier.....Install was a lil bit of a bitch but well worth it trust me.........Brian.....
What is involved with the install?

What was the "bitch" part?

·
Registered
316 Posts
you guys should check out the group buy topic i started. It list at the info on the mUzzy group buy.

[email protected]

Thanks
Doug
SpencerCycle.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts