Kawasaki World banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok... This is not in any way a difficult job and it is in my opinion a mod worth doing!

There are two ways of doing this mod. 1. Buy a 4* advanced rotor and bolt it on... Or... 2. F&%k up a nice ignition pick-up by modifying the pickup bolt holes following this The Kawasaki ZX-12R - Advancing The Ignition Timing -The choice is yours! I preferred to just buy a new rotor off Ebay... but either way of doing this mod works!

Here goes...

Pic. 1. The rotor kit I bought off Ebay...
Pic. 2. This is the ignition pick-up cover you need to unbolt. Before you attack the bolts with your 8mm socket, remove the "padding" or what ever it is called, as you can see in...
Pic. 3 The "pad" on my bike was completely rotted.. -Hope one can still get new ones?
Pic. 4 WD40 is your BEST friend when planing on unbolting stuff, specially bolts that probably never been unbolted since the guy/girl at the Kawasaki factory tightened them up.. I just "crack" open the bolt, then blast it with WD40, then turn the bolt out a couple of turns and spray more WD40 on the threads. There is thread lock on the bolts, so it will feel tight. DO NOT force bolts out that have never been opened up, let the bolt/threads soak in WD40 or something similar!
Pic. 5. Once you taken the bolts out with out messing up the threads push a rag or shop paper into the engine case, take a thread tap and clean the threads. Do NOT thread the tap all the way in where the upper bolt goes. This hole is "open" into the case, if you go all the way in with the tap, you will push all the crap from the threads into the engine case and you DO NOT want to do that!

...Continues in the next post because you can only upload 5 pics/post....
You can still get the"hot air cover" in pic 3 as I recently purchased one but they are pricey for what they are.it was 30 pounds

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
You can still get the"hot air cover" in pic 3 as I recently purchased one but they are pricey for what they are.it was 30 pounds
need to trace out the shape for us and get some cut!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts