Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps, Hope someone can help me. I've pulled my bike down to change the plugs and leaky cam cover gasket, also plan to do the valve clearances while i'm in there thanks to Blitz guide on Dave Potter site. I've got the plastics, rad, front engine mounts etc off but am struggling to get the connectors out of the tops of the stick coils to get the plastic tray out. I don't want to force them and break something. I can see a tab where the wires come out pointing towards the back of the bike, does this pull up or push down to release them or is there something else i'm missing. I'm struggling to get my sausage fingers in there so using a screw driver and long nose pliers so trying to be extra carefull.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The tabs press down, then gently pull the connector out toward the back. I use a flat blade screwdriver to press the tab down, you should hear a slight 'click' as you press down. Hope this is what you meant!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The tabs press down, then gently pull the connector out toward the back. I use a flat blade screwdriver to press the tab down, you should hear a slight 'click' as you press down. Hope this is what you meant!
Ducks spot on press down on the furthest point away from the coil and as posted it will click....dead easy....not much room to get the middle 2 coils out but once you have the knack its a doddle...:thumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one, thanks for your help guys. Managed to get them off without breaking them. I checked the valve clearances as well and found they're all within tolerance so happy days ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts