Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not as much traffic on here anymore as our bikes have become dinosaurs. But, Just continue to keep it alive. I got to take her out for a ride to work today. I got the beetle bags from a member on this forum. Because money has been allocated elsewhere, I have yet to get them paint matched.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks comfy. Instead of painting the bags to match, I wonder how it would look if the rims were paint matched to the bags. There's probably some kind of software program that let's you visualize that. I know from painting my bike, it's 3 stage so if yours is too it's tricky to get it perfect.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks comfy. Instead of painting the bags to match, I wonder how it would look if the rims were paint matched to the bags. There's probably some kind of software program that let's you visualize that. I know from painting my bike, it's 3 stage so if yours is too it's tricky to get it perfect.
Thanks. Yeah, the factory paint looks like it would be very difficult to match, I do have a body shop that I use for my cars, so I may take it to them. It will be a while, possibly a few years (it has already been 2 years I've had the bags, 1 year in boxes, and 1 year on the bike). I have a lot of other bills that have taken priority.

I'm not sure I would like the rims painted red, because the bike has gold accents (stator/clutch covers/discs). But it is a cool idea, thanks!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks!

I will say, it is nice to be able to ride and carry stuff without having to throw on a backpack. I love these hard bags, and don't think it takes away from the look.
In terms of having that extra carrying space, fully agree. Yours is clean. I used to worry what people would say, or think having what is basically a suitcase on the back of my bike. Now when I see riders especially sport bike riders without one I worry about them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In terms of having that extra carrying space, fully agree. Yours is clean. I used to worry what people would say, or think having what is basically a suitcase on the back of my bike. Now when I see riders especially sport bike riders without one I worry about them.
HAHAHAHA...

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
zx12r - Dated Relic's

I haven't posted anything in the forum in years, but still a member; I have always stayed a strong believer of the 12r, and have owned several [2001, 2002, and 2005] The 2001 I still have and regret selling both 2002 and 05 (guess the snorkel is what makes the 1st gen so unique as keeper, but the 2000 is the deal). The 12r is special (Big Boy Bike) way kool stance, wide, tall, head-lamps that looks angry from the rear-view mirror of a cager. Okay...it would be my wish that Kawasaki re-surfaced the zx12r [ZX10r, H2, *ZX12rr, ZX14]. Any how it's nice to know there's a dedicated band of zx12r believers still in the mix.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I was on a short ride yesterday...

Let me start off by saying I lost 100+ lbs in the past year. I was joining the highway giving the throttle a little love, not unlike I usually do, when the front end came up, and came up high. I haven't done wheelies on this bike in the 10 years I've had it, or since I was back in college 2000 with a '92 ZX6. Luckily I remembered to let off the gas to bring it back down.

I forgot how much power this bike has... Especially when you remove the weight of an extra passenger from your body.

·
Registered
626 Posts
So I was on a short ride yesterday...

Let me start off by saying I lost 100+ lbs in the past year. I was joining the highway giving the throttle a little love, not unlike I usually do, when the front end came up, and came up high. I haven't done wheelies on this bike in the 10 years I've had it, or since I was back in college 2000 with a '92 ZX6. Luckily I remembered to let off the gas to bring it back down.

I forgot how much power this bike has... Especially when you remove the weight of an extra passenger from your body.
Awesome bruddha. Made my day, don't care what anyone says,. CASE CLOSED :king:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a productive weekend (raining out), gave her an oil change (Mobil 1 Racing 4t), with Kawi filter (not sure why these filter don't have the welded nut at the end, it was a pain to remove).

After this, I needed to clean my BMC race filters, change the battery (it wouldn't start without jumping even after being on my tender), and while I had everything open, I finally got around to installing my Bear Velocity Stacks that I have had sitting in a box for almost 2 years.

Just an FYI, this is was the first time trying to remove my seat with the Corbin Beetle Bags... You have to remove at least one side, and let the other side hang loose. This might only be the case with the Corbin Seat.

Excuse the messy garage, it has been a long couple of years (surgery, I work 6 days a week)

Stock stacks removed:

I have 2 different color stacks, 3 gold, and 1 purple, all long:

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Still rockin my A model too :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Handle bar risers (helibars) installed, with new clutch cable. Apparently my front brake lines were just a little too short, so my installer slide the brake master cylinder over closer inbound. This actually works better for me, since I 2 finger brake, and now I have more leverage.

There also was a little noise going over bumps which was the steering stem nut. They tightened that down to spec. He also adjusted my front suspension, which I never did after having the oil changed and 300 lbs springs. It rides beautifully now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts