Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and thank you in advance,

So I figured that my fuel pressure regulator was bad on my throttle bodys... My 2001 zx12r was running great one day and the next it wouldnt start... Put the new regulator on and the bike is still not getting fuel... Everytime I disconnect the fuel line from the regulator gas sprays so there is some sort of pressure... I noticed that there was no fuel coming out of the return stem and there was no fuel in the return gas line.. So I do not think that fuel is getting past the regulator into the fuel rail....

My question now is could the fuel pump be faulty or not be sending the appropriate amount of pressurized fuel to the regulator??

Please help!!! I am on the verge of going to a stealership!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
im not shore of that modle fuel system but could you be running the presure side of the system straight to the reg? because if you are you have the lines mixed up.the return line goes to the reg and the presure side goes to the fuel rail but as i said im not sure of that modle fuel system you might not be able to mix up the fuel lines.get a fuel presure guage to check the fuel presure would be your best starting point

1 - 2 of 2 Posts