Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to tell me where the stock turn signal relay is on an 01 9R? Since I replaced all my signals with LEDs, they now flash too quickly. I've had this whole thing apart, and can't recall seeing it, or better yet, recognizing it when I saw it. :oops:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, I'm not sure if this helps or not, but...

The flasher relay on a 2002 and 2003 is under the seats right in between the front and back seat. It actually is under the section of the tail that seperates the front and back seats behind the battery.

Clint

·
Registered
19 Posts
The flasher relay is a litte black box that is attched to the bike by means of a rubber strap. On a 2001 ZX9R it is located right under the gas tank near where the rider's seat connects up to the bike. You should be able to see it with the tank on and possibly change it out with the tank on. If you wire a resister (somewhere around 25 ohms, I believe) parellel to one of your signals, it will slow down your flasher speed as well. The higher the resistance, the slower your signals will flash.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. I was thinking that was it, just wasn't sure. Looked at the fiche earlier and it clicked. Weird how they changed the location on the 02's and up. UCF, thanks, Libertek also makes a nifty little relay which allows you to adjust the flashing rate. Thanks again, knew I could count on you guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts