Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new forks on backorder from Kawasaki, through Partzilla.
There is no lead time given.

I need time to install them and build up the front end -- fairings, brake lines, wheel, etc. I have a Memorial Day trip planned.

So far, it's been 2 weeks, so probably early for a backorder, but...how long can it go?

If you've had a backordered part from Kawasaki, how long did you wait?

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
That could be anywhere between now and forever. Wouldn't you be easier off finding a set of second hand forks in good condition?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@rmk

I had a set of second hand forks and sent them to a forks rebuilder for upgrades. They said the forks exceeded target runout and had other types of damage.
They looked pretty clean to me, but I did not roll them in V-blocks, and I don't know signs of damage.

These are today's ebay choices -- see photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are you looking for old caliper forks or new? I'd advice you not to buy the one that was set on fire. Who knows what kind of warped metal issues that has.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the one that looks like it was set on fire was actually just painted black. I don't see any way to clean it up either.
The other one *might* only be dirty, but it doesn't have very nice colors. Besides, the price is for the whole front end, and
I only want forks. Ultimately, knowing my rebuilder wouldn't touch forks with more than 0.005" / 0.13mm runout, I am nervous
about spending more money and finding out the same.

Yes, I want '04-'05 forks, both for the gold anodize and for the radial mounts. I have new Brembo calipers to mount up,
and the gold color suits my new candy orange fairings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts