Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get too many free days for riding due to way too many different interests, but I finally met up with Quickwilly for a ride. There were 2 1/2 12r's there. Well, maybe QW and I on 12's and my wife on her 6r. We started out from Battle Ground, heading north. Then we caught FS90 road that is on the southern side of Mt St Helens. There are some great twisty's along that section between Couger and Pine Creek. At Pine Creek, the FS90 road then heads towards Mt Adams. The section of this road until Curly Creek RD turnoff has some very tight turns and is in a deep, dark valley that never gets sun. About 3 miles into this section, I went into a fairly sharp left hander and leaned the bike over to turn. FAWK!!!! She started sliding straight thru the corner. The instant the sliding started I knew it was gravel that was too dark to see. I stood 'er up, tried turning, slid more, stood 'er up tried turning, stood 'er and finally, somehow made it thru the corner just before running out of road. I instantly hand signalled for QW to slow way down, but I think he had already seen me having problems. He then signaled for my wife who was holding up the rear to slow way down (thanks QW). We took it easy for a couple of miles until Curly Creek Rd where we could pick the pace back up. From there we went south on Wind River Hwy which is a good mix of nice straights and tight corners. Fueled in Carson, then hit Hwy 14 to return to town. All in all about 150 miles.

Quickwilly is a great guy to ride with.

ps- QW, did you find your way back OK? Not sure if you knew that area or not.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, forgot to add the ending. Shoulda used a "more later".

When we got home and were taking our helemts off, I remembered that I forgot to grab house keys before leaving on the ride. I asked my wife if she had hers. She said "Nope, I never worry about it bacause you always have yours". I says "Not today". Great, I'll just grab the spare key. Find out it is missing. House locked up tight. Shop locked up tight. So I grab the tool kit out of the trunk of the 12 and dump the contents on the hot tub cover to see what I have to work with. It turns out that there were the tools I needed and I now know how to break into my own house with a 12r tool kit.

No- I won't tell how!

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Miklos...since Dave is on a monthly reporting schedule, maybe you can post some Sunday rides for us :lol: :lol:

You got to get QW to do some roll ons with you next, your wife can referee :wink:

Good story, I liked the breaking in with the tool kit :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts