Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been so long since ive been on I feel like a nu bee. will a 14 wheel fit on the rear of a 12? I have new PP3s and my 12 rims are all crappy looking. figure I might upgrade the wheels and just do a swap. or maybe sell the 12 wheels with the PP 2CTs on them.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Im sure CMG has done a write up about fitting them..

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I use a 2003 rear 12r wheel on my 2012 14r with a u soft on it for drag racing.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
No, the 14 rear is not a direct swap. The rotor on the 14 is larger than the 12. The 12 rotor does not bolt onto the 14 rim.
You would need a 14 caliper and caliper bracket. Then you could use a 14 rim.

cmg

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
what he said.The 12r rotor is smaller.It only receive`s about half the pad scrubbing it.I just try not using the rear brake at the track. Also the zx14r rear brake is fucking awsum stock........

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Spacers behind the 310mm 14 rotors to shim them out. And 5mm spacers under your calipers. 12 rotors do not work on 14 rims.
14 rims are alittle heavier than the 12. ZX10 rims are a option. Hibbs did that conversion. The 10 and 14 front rim have the same spacing for the axle and rotors.

cmg

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black, there is a link in my last post of the actual rim I got. and the caliper for 50 bucks.
both were zero miles but I still need a hub assembly and bracket. those 14 calipers have 2 bleeder valves?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just bought the bracket and caliper bolts, so the only thing I am lacking is a complete hub with rubbers and I should be good to go. when the rear wheel comes its going down to the shop to put the PP3 on and in the mean time I can figure out what im gonna do with the front. got $225.00 tied up in the rear wheel minus the hub. ahh its only money, now I have a 12 wheel up for grabs with a PP2 with 70% tread if anyone is lookin. cheap

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If its any help , when I bought my wheels the receipt said my front wheel was a 10r , so it should be a straight Bolton disc's and all for the 12r front ..

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Maxumis, I think BST labeled your receipt incorrectly. The 10 and 14 are indeed the same. The 12 is a different wheel. I hav both. Rotor bolt patterns are different and hub spacing is different. :headscratch:

What are you torquing your rear axle to? Have you looked at the bearings in the rear rim lately. Are you using standard or ceramic bearings? I hav had issue with mine. Just replaced. I think I'm going to try less tq.

cmg

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Maxumis, I think BST labeled your receipt incorrectly. The 10 and 14 are indeed the same. The 12 is a different wheel. I hav both. Rotor bolt patterns are different and hub spacing is different. :headscratch:

What are you torquing your rear axle to? Have you looked at the bearings in the rear rim lately. Are you using standard or ceramic bearings? I hav had issue with mine. Just replaced. I think I'm going to try less tq.

cmg
Cmg , that's my front wheel receipt after the failure from a work shop when getting my seals done .
PS look at all the messages in my profile and you Will see holeshot bagging the wheels and I told him , the ONLY reason for failures TO these wheels is from a APE acting like a gorilla !!
Im very sorry for the miss lead , Cmg was right bst screwed up .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts