Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00' 12 and at around 5500 rpms it gets this surging thing. Almost like a clogged injector would feel but that isn't it. Has anyone ever had or heard of anybody having a similar problem? If so, what did they do to fix it? :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check and clean your airfilter. Could be injectors, don't know. I've never had that problem or heard of it. Maybe some others could help. Is your bike stock? Sometimes an aftermarket exhaust will do funny things at certain rpms??? 8)

G

·
0 Posts
I had a slight lean surge at 4500 rpm(cruising/very light throttle), which I cured by richening it up a touch in the affected area with the pc3r.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a slip-on scorpion exhaust but the problem was there before I put it on. Other than that it is totally stock. The dealership said the only time they have ever seen this before it was corrected with a PC. They told me if I bought the PC they would install it and Dyno it for free. But my problem is, the bike is still under warranty and I don't think I should have to spend 300+ dollars to fix a problem the warranty covers. Just thought if anyone had seen this I could lean them in the right direction and save myself some money.

Oh, and I changed air filter and that was not the problem. Was a little dirty and bike runs better but surge is still there.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
468 Posts
some people on this forum (most) will say that they never have had this problem...

however, i have had it since day one on my 2000 model and can definitely say it's a fuel injection factory problem...it came like this...it was fixed in later models as they made the bike smoother...

i have GREAT difficulty keeping the revs at 6,000rpm+ steady as it will just surge back and forth and the throttle is EXTREMELY sensitive...it's a pain in the arse, especially around corners (damn dangerous too!)...

it's not the exhaust, or my air filter...both have been changed, etc and made no difference to it...the air filter did help with the 1,500rpm-2,500rpm stumble (fixed it basically) but didn't make any difference to the surging at 6,000rpm+...

my guess is that a pc3r or whatever you call them would allow us to remap the fuel injection...apart from that, i don't think there's anything else that can actually "fix" this problem...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bro. This is what i've been arguing with the dealership about. They said if I put my stock exhaust back on they would try to fix it under the warranty. I just don't want to spend all that money to MAYBE fix the problem. i'm hoping if they can't, they might have to put a PC on for free. The service manager said they might have to as a last resort.

You are definitely right on that corner thing though. There have been times when I have been downright scared in corners because of the throttle on this thing. I guess I'm stupid because it doesn't scare me enough to slow me down in the next corner :lol: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts