Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently dialing in my forks which have been sent to Traxxion Dynamics for springs and the Axxion valve set-up, a Penske 4-way adjustable shock, and a Daytona steering dampener that is mounted to the speedo bracket and the left fork tube. There was no escaping the full price on the Traxxion stuff but between it and the Race Tech stuff there is no comparison to me. I picked up the Penske used from the racer wantads for the Loudon roadracing club (half price of new - came with the spring I needed), the dampener I had from a previous racebike, and the bracket kit I got off Ebay for about $40. The bike had a Race Tech kit in the stock shock so I'll probably be selling it off once I know the Penske works OK. Currently I'm running Michelin endurance slicks for tires. I'm an instructor for a local track school. I did make a track day last Monday but it rained before I could get any set-up. And no, slicks in the rain are no fun but it is do-able if you stay out of puddles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
upside down fork

anyone know of someone swapping a invnveted fork, What works zx7r or zx9b

·
Registered
989 Posts
Whell I have a R1 inverted fork in my ZX9.

Its a lot of work!!!.

You need everything from a R1, brakes, rim, triple clam, front fender, etc.
The upper tripple has to bee modified.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was it worth the time/money?

Is there any work done to the R1 forks? I'm sure the brakes are better.

·
Registered
989 Posts
1-You have to modify the ignition thing so you can turn. You have to cut the bottom.
2- Yoy have to cut a little of the upper triple, where the big nut goes so it can enter a little more.
3- You have to use Heli-bars or suzuki clip-ons GSXR750-1000, Im using helibars of a TL 1000S.
4- You have to cut a little of the upper triple.
5- Change the bearings.

Its a lot of work. If you are doing it I can email you some photos, if not I wont send them.

PS you have to change the stering damper 2. If you have a center one.

Cuidate

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no thanks

I think the stock stuff does just fine for me. Well, I have a Traxxion prepped set of forks and I should say that's good enough for me.

Gracias, pero no necessito para mi.

(yes my Spanish needs work)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
info

www.traxxion.com

All the info you need is there. They are very nice to talk to over the phone too. The springs are linear in rate.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have to change the springs in some time, because the R1 springs I feel them 2 soft for my taste.
I like the best the progresive Hyperpro but the weigth of the ZX9 is difrent so I have to buy a diferent linear that could compensate the weigth diference of my ZX9 and the R1.

PS. These brakes are very fine. They dont have a hi-first initial bite so you can control all the way the brake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts