Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ZX9R, and it feels like it is bottoming out in turns(I am almost always scrapping pegs). I weigh about 190 pounds. What are some suspension mods that I could do??? I commute sometimes, and mostly ride the canyons on it. Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Inferno, the stock set-up is way soft for a 190 rider. To start with you'll need 95kg/mm springs and maybe heavier fork oil. I did the Race Tech upgrade to my forks and the compression damping was still soft with 8 shims on the stack! Recommended shims were 6. So I put 20wt in the forks and that helped a bunch. Second best thing I did to my 9R right after ditching the 207's was to upgrade the forks, vast improvement over stock. You should also, raise the forks 5mm up in the triple clamps and raise the rear about 5mm. Adjust the compression and rebound to about 3/4 full stiff and try it. You'll have to experiment with the adjustments.

EAST

·
Registered
76 Posts
My '98 forks are stock and work well for me, but the rear shock had to go and ended up with a Fox Twinclicker.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rear shock

Moto24 said:
My '98 forks are stock and work well for me, but the rear shock had to go and ended up with a Fox Twinclicker.
How do you like it?? Does it make a big difference? I weigh about 165 without gear.
Thanks!
ZX12eR

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Rear shock

ZX12eR said:
Moto24 said:
How do you like it?? Does it make a big difference? I weigh about 165 without gear.
Thanks!
ZX12eR
Probably the greatest improvment was getting the shock, I know some think the front ends are soft and I wieght 220, but it doesn't bottom on me and I get great feedback. The Fox shock I got a great deal on and wasn't sure it would have been my first choice but it just works so well, I'm very happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts