Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
my name is Alessandro and i write from italy, excuse me, if my english is bad!
I have a 03 zx12r that I use every day, that I would like to install the swing arm of a zx10r
I also have a frame complete with swing arm of a 2001 zx12r
not being able to not use the bike, because it's my only transport, I would make the change on the frame 00 and then mount it on my bike (03)
But this is only possible if the group swing arm is the same between the models 00 and 03
someone can give me information about it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
first off Hi And welcome to the site
2nd we all like pictures :thumbup:
3rd not sure if they are a straight change but I do know the Bolt that hold the arm in is different from Mod A to B
its bigger on the B

I'm sure someone on here will answer I even think someone has already changed a zx12r to a zx10 arm
good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Not a easy task. You will need some custom collars and some machining.
The 08-09 is not a good choice for daily commuting.
Adding 1" to 1.5-2" to the pivot head (cheater arm) will help with clearance but defeat the short for handling factor.
Earlier model may be a better choice.
Can be done though.

cmg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcome!
meanwhile here are a few of pictures of my ninja

unfortunately i have a 08/09 zx10r swingarm :banghead:
as regards the frames, you know the attacks are the same between model A and B?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome.

Go to the Kawasaki website and locate the owners page then search for parts diagrams of the 00 and 03 years. If the pivot bolt and all the collars are the same number, they are a direct swap. You need to look at the number with the dash followed by 4 digits (XXXXX-XXXX). The first group of numbers are the same from bike to bike and indicate a type of part i.e., the first 5 numbers for the swingarm from a ZX10R will be the same as the swingarm on the ZX12R, the last 4 digits after the dash is where things change.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The two year 12R swingarms in question are a 100% direct swap. I have both in hand and they are the same as far as how the mount. There's a small amount of difference in the cross brace up front but nothing to cause you a problem. The pivot shaft are also the the same size. The only difference is the 00 /01 used a big Hex wrench to tighten the right side and the 02 up uses a spanner wrench.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts