Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Ive been looking for the different options available out there and could use some help.
Bear Racing has an extension that looks cool but i think it requires modification (welding) to the swingarm.
Ive tried to email him but his address won't work for me ([email protected]), anyone got another address for bear?

A guy on Labusas sells the big (ugley) bolt ons, anyone tried them?

Any other other options out there beside welding, living in Australia makes it harder to do these things.

Regards,
NOS Rob

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm gonna get some type of extension, just not sure which one yet. The bolt on ones seem to work pretty good from what I here though.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I personally would prefer an arm extension form anyplace.... For the price of the extensions you could probably come close to extending one... Just my opinion....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Swingarm

I put a Superbike Mike 6" weld on type on my bike. Had a buddy of mine do it for me. I think the cost for the extension was around $300.00 and that included welding them on. It works very well but you do have to cut off your rear fender or put a fender eliminater kit on the bike. If you dont when you leave hard it tends to rub a hole in the fender and then the computer is next. I cut all of my fender out and put a .040 piece of aluminium in there and moved my computer forward next to the seat. If you want I can send you pictures and a template of the piece that I made.
:mrgreen:

DR JOE

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
How are ya doing DRJOE? I have seen you run at WIR a few times. Are ya going to be out Saturday? I'm going to try to be. How much quicker did the arm make your 12? The weekend I last saw ya run I think you ran a 10.01 maybe? It was at the PMRA race in June. I think I lined up against you with my red '00.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm doing fine, Thanks for asking. And yes I will be there this Saturday night, are you coming out? It put me in the 9s best pass on a stock tire was a 9.91 @ 145 mph. A buddy of mine gave me a mc1 tire that was about 1/2 used up and with that tire @ 11 psi I have gone 9.85 @ 143mph. But my bike is all stock other than a K&N air filter and muzzy clutch basket and 16 front spocket. I did just put an airshifter on the bike and I like it. Its different not to have to foot shift, but I've done it for 3 years so I can do it either way.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I'm going to try my best to make it out, weather permitting of course. :shock: I am going to race the 12 and my friend is going to race my FJ1200. His clutch is used up in his 12 or else he would bring that. I hope to see ya out there. Later. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey Rob

I see you're extending things again!! Is nothing ever LONG enough or FAT enough for you???? :lol:

So how was Phillip Island. And how was the ride there and back? Any chance you could post a brief road-trip report for the forum? (Like, have you still got your licence??)

And then let's catch up for a ride soon.

12rider
Sydney

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys.
Still undecided on what way to go on the swingarm, tried to catch up with the guy that did the arm on my Bandit but ran out of time today.

NOS is on the cards soon but it seems the clutch will need some attention to handle the stage 2 shot and don't forget the Yosh EMS with switchable map$.

12Rider, nothing is ever powerful enough, fat enough or long enough.

Philip Island trip? Insane, 2 x ZX12R, 1 Busa, my stretched NOS Bandit and a GSXR1000. 3200km return trip, 300kph with gear no worries and I still have my licence!!! The gixer guy got a ticket though, wrong place wrong time.
The gixer (stock) was fun to ride but down on power compared to my 12. The Busa (Cols) is powerful with the Yoshi cams, but not as cool as my 12.
The other 12 was an 00 model, bit down on power but it had trick suspension, something I look forward to on mine.
My Bandit was the dark horse in the field, handled like a train on tracks and was a real show stopper at Cowes, the crowds of people drulling over it had to be seen to be believed, my mate who rode it there lapped up the attention and I casually observed from a distance, cool.
Catch ya soon!
NOS Rob

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey NOSRob

The trip sounds great!! Hmmm... you'd better not sell the Bandit then as it could still pull more pussy than the 12!!! :lol:

Also, did you get the details of what your buddy with the 2000 12R had done to his suspension. I would be very interested to hear as I would like to trick mine up a bit!

12rider

·
Registered
38 Posts
we offer adjustable or fixed length swingarms...our most popular ones are 0-6" and 3-9"...we retail our arms for $475 plus shipping and the turnaround time is 1 week...the arms are fixure welded and gaurenteed to be straight and never break...don't settle for less when your butt is on the line, get the best...

dwayne

·
Registered
38 Posts
working on web page right now and pics should be up soon...

dwayne

1 - 15 of 15 Posts