Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike today for the last time before I get ready to put her up for the winter. I live in an apartment so I have to store my bike at a storage facility. I don't have access to an electrical outlet so what I've done in the past is just take the battery out and take it home. There I can run it on a trickle cell charger.

I figured it would be a breeze since my 6R was. Too make a long story short, the battery is still in the bike as we speak. I got all the screws off the battery box cover except for two that are now stripped. I was using a 8MM socket and the other ones came off just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting those last two screws out now that they're stripped???

THey strip real easy so be careful. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
That avatar rules!!! It kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (cornholio)

G

·
0 Posts
Try drilling a hole in them and using a screw extractor. I'd try a 5/32
drill bit.

G

·
0 Posts
Worst come to worst you could go buy the Robo-Socket thingy. It's filled with vertically spring loaded pins, that take the contour of any bolt or nut. Stripped or not.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll Try the Bob Villa Method

Thanks Jiggsy. I'll go down to Sears and try the robogrip thing. Bob Villa better be right or I'm going to go whoop his ass. Ha! Hey blitz, what's wrong with my avatar? I know it's a little big but I like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts