Kawasaki World banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Progress has been pretty slow because of not having the bike to take voltage readings and also the wait for parts from china is killing me.

Im currently waiting on the following:
  • B3+ ECU Connectors Male/Female (For making very small "in-between" harness so i can T-Wire all the sensors i need without damaging the original harness) - Should arrive Week 1-2 of June
  • Dash Connectors Male/Female (Same as above plus so i can make my unit directly plug in the original dash connector) - Should arrive Week 1-2 of July (oof..)
  • Automotive grade super bright / anti-glare 7" TFT screen (dont really need for the first test, but this will go on the bike on the final assembled dash) - Should arrive end of May
  • Bunch of AMPSEAL connectors (for all the dash connections that are not in the OEM dash connector, gps antenna, controls, etc..) - Should arrive Week 1 of June
  • Bunch of Bosch LSU 4.9 control chips (so i can wire up 5 lambda sensors - 1 per cylinder header and 1 at the midpipe) - Should arrive Week 1-2 of June
  • Denso Ignition Coil connectors Male/Female (for adding in the ignition cut quickshifter later) - Should arrive Week 1 of June
  • Denso Fuel Injector connectors Male/Female (Is this turning into a standalone ECU or what? Well it wasnt the plan but Ill experiment first with attempting to do additive fuel maps like a PC3 does and then well see about ditching the OEM ECU all n all, this will be after im done with all the rest though) - Should arrive Week 1 of June

It seems that June is gonna be a busy month 馃槄

Currently work has been a bit busy so ive only had very limited time and ive been mostly doing research on how all the things i want to implement work, because im learning all of this as this project progresses.

I also did some work on the power conversion and figured out how to run everything off 12V (and will work up to 24V) thats on the bike which is a relief. On the software side also, plan is to be able to control and setup the entire thing through wifi (pretty much like a gopro is controlled through a phone, although i do want to have a handlebar switch to cycle through menus and options) without the need for a usb or serial cable, and i did managed to get that working pretty good and control the dash from Windows program and through an Android App but it needs a lot of work to add all the configurations, parameters and stuff.

The main issue right now is that i dont have the bike and i cant measure sensor voltages and currents. If anyone has a B3+ and is willing to pull out a multimeter and measure some things for me youd help me a bunch! In any case i need the following:

From the dash connector:
Ignition Switch Signal (Volts when ignition is on - probably 12V)
Tachometer Pulse (Max Volts - supposed to be 0-13V? - Positive Wire)
Speed Sensor Pulse (Max Volts - supposed to be 0-5V? - Positive Wire)

From the ECU connector:
Inlet Air Pressure Sensor Signal (Probably 0-12V - Positive Wire)
N gear position wire (Should be 12V - Positive wire)
1-6 gear position wires (All are positive - No reference, possibly 12V like neutral when the corresponding gear to the wire is selected, but could also be 5V based on some service manual gibberish)

Lastly, does anyone know how many Amps is the bike outputting and how many those are being used up? Ive heard something around ~450W / 32-35A (depending on voltage and stator condition), no info on whats used when the bike is running. -- If i run out of Amperage headroom while doing all my shenanigans ill drop the light bulbs and install some LED headlights lol.

Axcell

Registered
  • Dash Connectors Male/Female (Same as above plus so I can make my unit directly plug in the original dash connector) - Should arrive Week 1-2 of July (oof..)
You used to be able to get a short jumper lead with extra plugs on them for connecting in a datatool gear/volt meter, I have one on my B4, but I just can't remember the company who made them. Hopefully, it will come back to me and I'll post the link. It was something like Project R.

• B3+ ECU Connectors Male/Female (For making very small "in-between" harness so I can T-Wire all the sensors I need without damaging the original harness) - Should arrive Week 1-2 of June
I made some of these for the Throttle position sensor, there are 2 different sizes, A1 to B2 and B3 onwards. The air pressure inlet uses the same plug as the A1 and sometimes folk accidentally connect the wrong plugs in, not good. This was the thread, second page. throttle position sensor faulty

Something to be aware of when fitting heat sensors to the headers is that there is a secondary air system that feeds fresh air onto the back of exhaust valve 2 & 3 and also onto the back of exhaust valves 6 and 7, this would then give different temperatures on different parts of the exhaust headers so keep that in mind.

Super Moderator
Where do you order your connectors from?
I'm looking for connector with pins to suit the RHS switch block..

Registered
SteveW I'm not sure which plug your bike has but if its like mine I found this. Strangely enough, I have a Female one sat on my desk waiting to be fitted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
@ninjayorkie Checked the post, very informative, thanks for the link. This is kind of what im going to be doing to test voltages for the dash and ecu connectors, then for the dash unit i will use the stock dash connector since i ordered the female part also and for the ECU i will just wire up a 3rd connector that will plug into the secondary unit.

@SteveW Aliexpress, in order to figure out the connectors you should keep in mind that the entire electronics package on the bike is made by Denso. So usually by checking the pin count and looking for ie "Denso 6 pin" for your case. I did a quick search but im not sure on a match yet, i will look again later today.

EDIT:
Wood Body jewelry Font Jewellery Metal

For reference here is the RH Switch 6 pin, i did some more quick searching and it seems to be the same as the 6 pin OBD2 connector kawasaki uses, dont have a part num yet.

For anyone that needs the rest of the connectors ive so far figured out these:
B3+ ECU 26P: JAE MX23A26SF1 MX23A26XF1
B3+ ECU 34P: JAE MX23A34SF1 MX23A34NF1
DASH 20P: AMP 174047-2 174977-2
IGN COIL 2P: 174354-2 174352-2
INJECTOR 2P: 6189-0060 6180-2405 DJ7024Y-2-21/11

Any finds/additions to the above list are welcome!

Super Moderator
Thanks, yes they're Sumitomo - I found some options

Registered
Got mine off eBay, the hard part was finding out the name of them.
Sorry about the earlier post I got my Right and Lefts mixed up, not for the first time. :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think that port is only used to trigger the self diagnosis system through the fi light and to register keys for the immobilizer system on the B3+. Although in some cases OBD2 has delayed data by a few hundred milliseconds which is ok for some things like temperatures but definitely not good for rpm as an example. It's always better to read raw sensor data but it's a lot more hassle.

Axcell

Registered
Seems redundant to have two manners of triggering the Fi light but i havent gotten my hands on a KDS yet to mess with it. It is present on my non imobilizer equiped B2. Co worker i worked with used to work the service department at a dealer, he mentioned i might be able to pull more info through that port but I would need the hard to find KDS.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Went and checked on the bike at the shop, I guess you are referring to this connector (to the left of the ECU),
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Vehicle

Mine seems to be sealed off, not epoxy though, probably rubber plugs. Ill try to get some voltage readings mapped out of it but id guess its mostly for fault codes and doesnt transmit any real-time data.

Axcell

Super Moderator
Went and checked on the bike at the shop, I guess you are referring to this connector (to the left of the ECU),
View attachment 17728

Mine seems to be sealed off, not epoxy though, probably rubber plugs. Ill try to get some voltage readings mapped out of it but id guess its mostly for fault codes and doesnt transmit any real-time data.

Axcell
Well.. Aftermarket gear indicators also use that plug to show you what gear your using.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts