Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day riding with a group of very experienced riders. Three GSXR1000's, two R1's and a full out track FZR1000. I was extremely outclassed by these guys (who attend track days regularly) however, I managed to hang in thru the twisties. I managed to find my time to shine on about a 1 mile straightaway and needless to say - the whole group can appreciate the big 12's straightline dominance. Everyone kept the shiny side up and the only casualties were a little rubber here and some brakes there. :D

Hope all is well in ZX-12R land

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saint -- You are in N. NJ right?

Today we rode from Bear Mtn. over to the Hawk's Nest (think that was the name) in Port Jervis. Went past Vernon Valley ski area.....and all through back there. some nice roads out that way. next time we all head out that way - it'd be nice to meet up with you someplace.

Congrats on the hardest 500 miles you'll see on the 12. Breakin is a B*TCH. The fun is just beginning.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Damn, wish I knew, you came right through my town. I was close to where you guys were riding. We went out to 206N, past Stokes State Forest through Hainsville out to 23S, then through High Point State Park. I wasn't far from the Hawks Nest outside of PJ.

Big 10-4 on the first 500, it was real hard keeping it at or under 4,000 rpms, 6,000 should keep me smiling for awhile now :lol: Gonna do another service then start racking it up, 1,000 isn't too far away now.

Let me know the next time you are passing through, I'll try to meet up with you if I'm not working.

Scott W.

·
Registered
153 Posts
NEW YORK AREA

Hey guys,i'm from Brooklyn,N.Y.,I will be buying a 12 in the next month.....btw i refinanced my mortgage to do it,anyone know dealers in the area they can recommend?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had real good experience with on Cycle World (formerly All-Atar Powersports) Blondell Avenue in the Bronx off of Westchester Avenue.

I just had warranty work done there and see Sonny -- great guy.

I know they have two 12's on the floor right now Red and PMB (both are 2002's). No idea on pricing but best of luck to you.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Tai, where you been hiding out man??? You been pretty quiet lately.... :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts