Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dumb ass that backed over my bike finaly paid me...($1,600.00). So I picked all the new parts up and installed them. The only thing missing was the ZX12R decal on the right side fairing. Other than that...the PMB is new looking again.
A piece of advice for those installing a new clutch cover....make sure the new cover comes with two new roller bearings and a new oil seal. I had to smash the old cover(which was good enough to save for emergency purposes) in pieces to get the old out and then re pressed them into place. Came out ok but it was the hard way.
While I was performing surgery on the bike, I decided it was time for a custom undertail. Thanks to "EPSTEIN", I sort of coppied a design he had used. I believe his was a mirror but I used a 1/8th sheet of AL and polished it to a mirror finish. I also made a custom licence plate bracket which also houses the new carbon look directionals.
I took some pics this morning but the light is not good in my shop so when the sun comes out I will post better pics. I think it came out good though and saved me $250.00 for a new undertail. Now I can spend the money on....HMMMMMMMMMMM???

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Damn Mono I didn't hear about that..... Your hard on 12's man.... Can you buy a Busa next time your hurting me here........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich...about 6 weeks ago I was at an auto dealer and some guy backed over my bike. The 02 PMB was 2 weeks old at that time and not a spec of dust on it. The guy didn't even have insurance. Cops came and had to keep me in check for a while...I was hot!![/img]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mono -- glad to hear you're back in top shape. I'd like to see the pics when you get them up. Forgive me for being a jacka$$ and not emailing you back. It has been pretty busy around here lately.

I am waiting for the candy-man (UPS) myself. I ordered the Cf ram air covers from Hans and the yellow box so I can finally stop racking up ficticious miles.

Hope all is well.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Thats bad luck now... I would be hot too.... This is the tail I made for mine... Almost went with the aluminum treadplate look.... Total cost turn sigs and all 29 bucks.....

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't that a nice reflection of a Dunlop 208??? :lol: :lol: Brand new too....

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Mono, My work monitor sux. I can't see shit. Hafta wait 'til I go home to perceive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can't see anything but "x's" dammit.

I tried bikepics.com but it was forever waiting for a reply. SO I'll have to try later. :roll:

·
4,208 Posts
Sweeet work Mono.......I love the undertail where in the world did u get the idea....hehe ..........Great job glad to hear your back up to par ...... Brian

P.S. save some of that dinero and come to Black Hills with me this coming June........and make sure ya buy the 1st beer.......LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts