Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to mount up boys!
Thanks Johnny.......I greatly appreciate the enthusiasm and support that you and your team at Mojo radio have shown for these motorcycles I build. It's really exciting to have a worldwide, interactive venue like Mojo, to share our experiences and knowledge. I know this for a fact, because my office phone continues to ring with individuals who want to know more about the modified bikes I've built and about my upcoming Chromeless Cruiser Project..

On a personal note, I'm also just back from a visit to the Veteran's K-wing at Sunnybrook Hospital where my uncle W. Bruce Randall, (ex-Flight Lieutenant/Flight Commander of Section 'A' RCAF 126 Spitfire Fighter Wing), is living, along with all the other veterans, many long since forgotten.
During my visit I took in some pics of my bikes, (they love that stuff), and asked them if they'd "like to have a little fun around here?" "Wana see some bikes sometime?" They said "sure, anything to get us out of here for awhile!" They stare at the walls 15 hours a day.............I told them all about the many local motorcycle charity rides we participate in and the money we raise. I also suggested that I might try to arrange for a 'ride-in', in their honour, to the hospital parking lot on a Saturday morning next June. The vets thought that would be great, they could put on their dress blues and get the staff to wheel them down to the parking lot to meet everyone and to see the bikes! Most of these war hero's can no longer walk on their own. I spoke to a couple of the nurses and they thought it would be a super idea.We could call it 'The Honour Ride', a one time 'ride-in' with a lunch, all to be held on the grounds at Sunnybrook hospital. Primary purpose would be to simply say thanks to the few remaining war hero's, who along with their comrades, gave up their own freedom and in many cases their lives, for you and me brother. As far as turn out is concerned, I will expect EVERY GOD DAME MOTORCYCLIST IN GREATER TORONTO WHO ENJOYS LIVING FREE TO BE THERE! I know most riders be a very righteous lot they will not let us down. Expect numbers to be in the thousands!

I have had the pleasure of chatting with Dave Rohere today, Dave is the Chief Pilot at the Hamilton based, Canadian Warplane Heritage Society who refurbish WW2 aircraft at Mount Hope Airport near Hamilton. Dave has graciously agreed to have their fleet of WW11 aircraft perform a 'fly-by' for the event , how exciting would that be for the vets! CWHS have one of the only air-worthy Lancaster bombers in the World, however they don't have a Spitfire. This being the case, I have asked Dave to provide me with the name of his counterpart with the USA's Commonwealth Air Force out of Texas. The CA also have a fleet of refurbished WW11 aircraft and a very rare Spitfire that hopefully they could bring by, at 'tree top level' of course! Trust me my friend, you've not lived until you've heard the roar of the Rolls Royce Merlin, or the big Griffon engine.

Possible Mojo radio and your affiliated station Q107 would consider participating in this long over due event, (which I predict, will attract thousands of motorcyclists), by promoting it on the air starting of course with our December 7th Motorcycle Show. I would also like to think that one of our many corporate sponsors, (who I will be approaching very shortly once we confirm the event is a go), including Honda, Kawasaki, BMW, Suzuki, Harley and Yamaha would be more than prepared to provide you with a demo bike, to be used in conjunction with this ride, (if not for the entire summer season, seeing that you will now be hosting the Motorcycle Show on a going forward basis), as I'd like to have you at the ride, up-front, live with Mojo radio.

I am awaiting a call from Susan Plowman, Director of the Veteran's Wing at Sunnybook Hospital, to confirm the event and set a date. We will co-ordinate with the Ride For Sight and all other Ontario rides so the date doesn't create any conflicts with other rides. I want everybody at this event, rain or shine!
Now, as far as the money raised, I was thinking of $25.00 per head with all the proceeds going to the hospital that day, to make the vets a little more comfortable and buy a few big screen TV's etc. or maybe some first class ladies and a few cases of booze..........Funny, when I mentioned the options to the boys this morning the boys' seemed to favour the latter!

Let's chat when you have a few minutes.

Cheers,

Cliff Randall President
Randall & Associates Inc.
Executive Search Management
Tel 905-509-9298
Toll free 866-498-1664
Fax 905-509-0501
Cell 416-804-2748
[email protected]

Expect Results!

Note - This message is confidential in nature and the sole property of Randall Associates Inc. If you have received this message in error, please let us know immediately by e-mail, then kindly delete it from your system. Thank you. We appreciate the professional courtesy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds good, Cliff!

(Make sure you clear it with the homies who run the hospital to make sure it's alright for their parking lot to be clogged up with bikes hehehe...)

Speaking of MOJO radio, when's your next "appearance" going to be?

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Damn, I'm in Florida, but I think I'd ride all that way just to join in...

I appreciate these guys EVERY day I live free...

Post when and where, and all the stuff....with winter coming on and all.

Jere

·
Registered
374 Posts
What a great idea...

Cliff:

I ride with about 30 guys from the Cambridge and K&W area, and am very good friends with most of the guys out of the Halton area, as well as a good chunk of the guys from the 401 & Weston group in Toronto.

Point being, if this event is a go, I would very gladly show my support, with about 150 of my "brothers" (and a few sisters...) riding in behind me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks boys.....This ride has really hit home for everyone. One guy called and said he'll buy a fuckin bike, or walk if he has too, from Kingston Ontario (that's a good 150 miles), to show his respect for these vets.
Here's the deal 3 days in to the preperation - I have taken the liberty of contatcting the chairman of the Ride For Sight, the BAD Ride and on Monday I will call Mike Maloney chief of the fabuolous SportBike Rally. So far everyone has thrown their support behind this special event, due to the fact that it's the right thing to do and non-competitive dates, (tentative is June 7th 2003), wise and a one time thing. 'll also be discussing it on my December 7th MotorCycle Show on Mojo radio Guys Garage from 12:30PM to 2:00PM. Guests willl include Honda Canada's Warren Milner, The Voodoo, Dave Pilata from DPE Racing and Jeff Bloor from CycleMax.
With the nolume of riders expected, 5000+, we have decided to change venues somewhat. I will be speaking with Bombardier Corp. on Monday, they own Downsview Airport. The War Heritage Guys in Hamilton (and the Commemorative Air Force guys, if we can get them up from the USA with a Spitfire), suggested that they could better perform at "eye level" - I love these pilots, fuckin crazy bastards - on the Downsview strip.
The veterans could be bused in to sit off the runway and watch, ONE LAST TIME, as the WWll planes do a fly by to honour the few to whom we all owe so much.
Once confirmed, I will need lots of volunteers and production help, from Website design folks to a manufacturer of white silk scarfs with the RCAF logo on them. Everybody who comes out for this historic day long event, will get a commemorative scarf, just like the ones these hero's wore into battle and in many cases, to their deaths.
All in attendance will have a chance to see, close-up, the aircraft of days gone by because the War Heritage guys want to land and give a speacial heartfelt thank you of their own to the vets. who by the way will be in full dress blues. As one nurse at Sunntbrook hospital said, "Cliff, they'll be ready 2 days in advance." Fuckin killed me.
Very simply, this is the big one, the ride that should have been. Don't get me wrong, I beleive in and always attend every charity ride I can, but if you could just go down to Sunnybrook hosptial's Veteran Wing, (now don't misunderstand me, these hero's are well cared for and respected by the wonderful staff), and see the way these champions are spending their final days, alone and forgotten. It's bad boys, fuckin shameful actually.
Strength for this ride is growing exponetually. Norm Wells VP Sales of BMW Canada, his own dad amoung the Sunnybrook vets, has agreed to take the lead sponsorship. The Voodoo, my painter and dear friend Gerald McGlaughlin, the artist behind the magnificent painting "The Flight of the Arrow", a beautiful painting of the Avrow Arrow bursting thru the clouds. Has agreed to donate the print to the Veteran's wing during the ceremonies at Downview.
I will be taping on the shoulder of every corporate player in Greater Toronto to come up with some scratch, big scratch, all to be handled by and audited, (I need a big 4 accounting firm), then presented to the veterans wing board of directors. I will be disappointed if we don't collect $500K, including the entry fees. No one participating in this event is being paid, and no one has asked!
Stay tuned folks, I will give the green light later this week at which time I will be looking for skilled volunteers to join a commitee to drive the VETERAN'S HONOUR RIDE.
As I've said before I expect everyone who enjoys riding and living free, to be there.......It's payback time - no excuses.
Weather wise. I'll have the site covered for the vets. But remenber, these hero's flew rain or shine, night or day. I expect the same from you.

If you think you can help, please feel free to call my office with your ideas.
Thanks.
Cliff Randall
Toll-free in Toronto 866-498-1664
"FASTER IS BETTER"

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Cant make it from North Carolina, I just used my Vacation days on Daytona but Tell me where to send the entry fee!

Thank your Uncle and his Comrades for me, for all they have done!

Roy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up-date Monday October 21st, 2002

John Paul Macdonald
Vice President Communications Bombardier Aerospace

Dear Mr. Macdonald;
This is further to my telephone discussion of earlier today with your assistant Susan. I'm the president of Randall & Associates Inc., an extremely aggressive North American-wide, executive search firm. When I'm not surgically extracting top talent through-out North America, I'm busy designing and building World class, custom motorcycles here in Toronto. And in-between them both, I'm involved in an interactive radio show, The Guys Garage Motorcycle Show with host JohnnyB. on Mojo radio 640AM here in Toronto.
Last Thursday I dropped into Sunnybrook Hospital's Veteran's Wing to visit with my Uncle, Flight Lieutenant W. Bruce, "Steve" Randall, (ex-Flight Commander Section 'A' RCAF 126 Squadron Spitfire Fighter Wing), to see he and his pals for a-while and to give them a picture of my latest motorcycle project, a 200hp Muzzy Kawasaki ZX1270, pic attached......They love the bikes, kind of reminds them of their old Spitfires I guess.
As I was leaving the hallowed halls of the Veteran's wing, I got to thinking about the number of charity rides that my wife and I get involved with each year, such as the wonderful Ride For Sight and the fabulous B.A.D. Ride, where millions of dollars are raised. Meanwhile our real hero's are starring at the walls of their rooms for 15 hours a day at Sunnybrook, most long since forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate all the wonderful work the hospital staff do for these champions and the respect they show these hero's every day. I just find it sad that we don't let them know just how grateful we all are to be living free, on more than one day per year!
Well since walking out of the hospital on Thursday last, I've been busy on the phone and the internet, speaking to my many networks. Seems this Honour Ride theme has hit a very big nerve across North America with both my corporate network and the motorcyclist alike. I now expect that if we were to hold this Ride In at Sunnybrook hospital, traffic would be jammed for miles around the area, something we want to avoid of course.
I exchanged messages this past weekend with the CEO of Sunnybrook Hospital, (Mr. Leo Stevens), who thought it would a great idea to have an Honour Ride for the vets. Mr. Steven has since directed me to the office of Craig Duhamel, Vice President of Public Affairs at Sunybrook. Following our discussion today, Craig's thumb is up for the event. We agreed to each do our respective homework, before speaking again by end of week.

This ride would be a one time event, and in order to make it even more exciting for the veterans, I took the liberty of calling on my aviation network, (I'm a pilot as well as a motorcycle enthusiast), and arranged for the Canadian Warplane Heritage Society to get involved for a fly-by and display. Trust me, Nothing would thrill these vets more than to hear the majestic roar of the Rolls Royce Merlin engine one last time.... Well maybe a few more visitors to the Vet wing would thrill them too!!

Chief pilot, Dave Rohere of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Society has agreed to make their fleet available on June 7th 2003 for the day. They want to do a fly-by, and then park the aircraft for the day and meet the veterans themselves. I'm making arrangements for a Spitfire, currently owned and hangered by Tom Peters in Ottawa, to drop by for a show and shine as well. I'll be chatting with the old Confederate Air Force guys in Texas, now called the Commemorative Air Force, to bring a couple of Mustangs up for the event.
I mentioned confidentially to Dave Rohere, that it would be fabulous if we could get some of the vets into the Lancaster, (one of the only airworthy models in the World), to take the guys for one last flight....I'm not kidding when I say this. As that Lanc rolls down the runway with the vets inside, there won't be a dry eye in the house.
The Voodoo, Gerald McLaughlin of Pickering Ontario, a World renowned artist, (who kindly paints all of my motorcycle projects), is the original producer of the painting titled, Flight of The Arrow. Gerald has graciously agreed to donate an original, framed print of the magnificent Avro Arrow bursting through the clouds. The print would be hung along side all of the other very rare aviation art on the walls of the Veteran's wing at Sunnybrook. Donated in honour of these champions.
Bottom line - We need your help! We need clearance to use your Downsview Air Force Base on June 7th, 2003 for the Honour Ride, and to land the aircraft. Our event committee and board of directors, (drawn from existing large charity ride boards, such as the annual Ride For Sight and The B.A.D. Ride), will look after the rest. I expect corporate donations and entry fees together in the area of $500K- $1MM, by the time the day is done. All funds will be handled and audited by a volunteer big 4 auditing firm, with final presentation made to the Fund raising committee at Sunnybrook hospital for use as per the veterans wishes etc.
I would like to think that in lieu of the use of Bombardier's property at Downsview, possibly we could consider Bombardier as one of our lead sponsors for this wonderful event.

On behalf of the veteran at Sunnybrook and the many who owe so much to the few. Thank you in advance for your consideration of this national one time tribute.

Cheers,

Cliff Randall President
Randall & Associates Inc.
Executive Search Management
Tel 905-509-9298
Toll free 866-498-1664
Fax 905-509-0501
Cell 416-804-2748
[email protected]

Faster is Better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts