Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting a few parts together for my daily rider, the 251 whp nitrous was nice for bread and milk runs, but i found the bread was nearlly stale by the time I got back home lol

Hope this stuff helps me get to the store and back home quicker, a nice streetable 450 whp would be nice... Il be posting pics of full install and do and donts as I make choices lol

Would have loved an air to air but you carnt really fit a decent intercooler which could cool 400 + whp on a motorcycle effeicently, I chose to go with the Perrin progressive water/alcahol injection, nice and compact and I winsheild washer fluid is easy to get at every gas station in Canada lol

btw anyone wanting any kind of piston do not even think of going anywhere else other then JE and talking to John, he is the nicest guy you could talk to and will custom design any piston you want to suit your bike, and the price for custom pistons is amazingly cheap, I carnt say enough about JE.

Chad

Sorry bout the pics takin down, due to problem at my home garage I know longer will be posting pics, il post a bunch once bike is complete

·
Registered
61 Posts
Chad, glad to see the pistons arrived!
Can hardly wait for the summer and to see that machine tear up the streets of Edmonton :D I'll try too keep up best I can :lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you still have your 12? I know you just bought a beautiful new Daytona 675 :) Those things feel like a dirt bike, vey flickable! And with 110whp out of the box they really boogy up!

Yah man got the pistons, got the frame ready for welding, just gotta find the time to build the damn thing, its nice to actually build a turbo bike thats not for a customer and for myself lol

The Zx14 is growing on me especially the black, it kinda hides the forman grills. I think il build this one, ride it for a bit then jump on the 14 wagon.

Chad

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if I mix the water / budwesier injection to 50/50 mix I can normally turn the boost up about another 10 psi and still wont run into detonation, so I would guess about 150 extra hp. But thats the Canadian stuff, not that low % U.S stuff you guys call beer lol

Chad

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahahahaha! Ok no more about the beer lets get ready for riding season! Especially me my ride is in a million peices, i gotta get my act together here!

Have a good one!

Chad

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I feel your pain!

my ride has been out of commission for a long long time. Tore the engine out to do a simple cam degree, head porting, valve job, and compression boost...

Then as time passed, I decided I wanted to go bigger.. so I went with the 3mm piston kit 1287cc....

Then time passed and decided I may as well have the tranny fully done up...

Then time passed and decided to have the crank done.....

More time passed... decided to go with bigger cams...

more time passed.... etc etc etc...

$9,000 later.... here I am a week or so away from tasting the fruit of my labors.

This mod bug is killing my bank account...

At least you have winter time.... here in South Florida, I've got to watch dozens of bikes ride around all year long while I wait. :x

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah I dont know if I could do this work to my bike if I didnt have a winter break, I hate to see it in peices even if I carnt ride it, I get the feeling like it will never get back together! Im actually an Aussie so im not use to riding only 6 months out of the year, worst temp I had seem before here was about 10c (prolly about 50f your temps I guess?)

Yah I know what ya mean about the.... Il just do this, then ll just do one more thing, next thing ya know, there is nuthing left to do, youve been through the whole bike lol

Make sure ya keep in touch and let us know how the new rebuilt bike feels once ya get it on the road!

Chad

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey chad... when you get that bike done I wana see it here in TO. I think at WOT and with 55 fuel stops you could be here in 26 :lol: hours.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Phantom said:
At least you have winter time.... here in South Florida, I've got to watch dozens of bikes ride around all year long while I wait. :x
Yes, but you have FLORIDA! :D I was there last August, I may be returning this August if my better half has her way. I'll have to put my foot down if it is conflicting with any track days :lol:

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Chad, what would it take to get you and that turbo 12 down to North Carolina to run the Maxton Mile??!?!?!

:twisted:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Free plane tickets and shipping on the bike? hahaha I carnt afford to go there champ, i spent all my damn money and then some on this project hahahaha!

Also I have no idea if I would have enough water/alcahol onboard to run the mile at WOT, maybe turn the boost down some but still be able to hit the 200mph or a little more if im lucky.

I gotta pull my finger out and get moving on this project, I feel lazy after I get home, work on bikes all day, takes the fun out of your own projects
:(

If I winn the Lotto il cruise this bike around Canada and U.S and meet all you guys, Have a BBQ, drink some and tell some lies hahaha

Chad

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not yet, but its been all cut up with the plasma, il get some pics. I should be welding it within the next few days.

Just doing alot of wiring and planing for the water/alchahol injection, I got about 2 - 3 months to get this thing up and running, i aint sitting on the sideline when summer is here.

btw you can pick up your spare frame at the shop, it was close to being the "test" frame lol, had the goggles on with the plasma fired up and looked across the room at it, but said hell with it, no practice needed here nuthing a good weld couldnt fix anyway hahaha

Chad

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Status? I was up in Edmonton a couple of years ago and stopped by a Kawasaki dealer in the NW portion of the city...they were talking about turbo ZX12Rs and such. Is that who you are working with? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Chad works at Echo Cycles. They are a distributor of Cold Fusion, which happens to be in the same city as me (Houston). I'd prefer to continue to get my stuff shipped from Echo rather than direct from CF. Better prices and better service.

...and they are a kawa dealer.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts