Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I recently bought a 750 H1 which is in horrendously bad condition and well classifies as a project bike. I have most of the needed parts so i do not have to spend much money on aquiring missing bits. Time is something i wil have to spend lots of trying to rescue this almost dead bike.

My question(s) really is(are) this.

1. Do i see if i can get the bike to start first?
2. Do i rather start with the frame, fixing & painting as well as the rims
3. Do i try and fix the wiring loom or see if i can buy another
4. Should i just rather sell it and move on?

Ive never done a project like this before. Ive done other type of projects but not fixing a bike or even car from ground up really, so any advice as to where i need to start with first/ how much i must see i can do myself/ what parts of hte bike i must rather outsource like painiting fixing the carbs?

Any pitfalls or danger area's i should be aware of doing somthing like this.
I have the time and are in no rush same as with the money. As i save up i will carry on working but i also do not want to spend way to much on it (what is way to much?) and spend years and years and never get to the final result.

I have 2 engines that work, the one is just more time to get going so i have spares to get one running smoothly which it is already apparantly. Pls see pics to see what i have to deal with.

Thx, Wurn

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sell it on.

Buy one that runs, in better condition and put your time and effort into making it mint, it will be cheaper and far less time consuming in the long run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts