Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My ZX12 is givim me a problem.

When i turn on the key the test of the instuments performs great but when the bike is on the move the meter of the spped and distance run is not working.

Could someone help?

Best regards.

Hugo

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check your speedo sensor cable imo.

If you take off the left fairing you'll see a cable coming out the bottom of the sprocket cover, then under the stator, where there is a connector, and then up and into the instrument cluster.

Make sure it's all good.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
:welcome:

Do you hear any clicking noise from your instrument panel? If so you probably have a bad cable or gear, do what Paddo suggested :thumbup: Whatever reason bike is getting some type of signal to instrument panel if not you will be getting speedo error...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Paddo and Bldragon.

Later today ill check that cable and then i give you guys some feedback.

Once again many thanks.

Best regards.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If OEM, your speed sensor is shot. Had this EXACT same problem with my A1 when I bought it. Is a $75 part from my stealer, if I remember right, and took me a lot of yelling to get it in without doing the extra crap the book calls for (remove starter...ect ect)....But I got it in. If you got small hands, is an 8mm bolt that holds it in...and a breeze to replace...then it's just routing the wire...:thumbup:

They superseded the OEM part number....the original was notorious for failure I guess...or so they say...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts