·
Registered
473 Posts
i though this bike was going to be na??

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This roller didn’t come with the upper mount. The one I had is of unknown origin. The rubber dampers are worn. Went around them with a strip of duct tape. Nice and tight now. They are $23 apiece. The 12 has a lot of flex at the front it seems. These dampers are always worn on my A1s too.
DCD6B254-128E-480C-A283-C74C52488ECD.jpeg
0CC5E0AB-4100-4223-9772-91941088A2BC.jpeg

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I filled some worn out car motor mounts with windshield urethane yrs ago. it made them nearly solid.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Going with some Michelin’s. Beringer 320mm full floaters. Calipers have some bad brake fluid in them. Need attention.
72EBB017-2070-4C30-9910-C0BB16A9582D.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts
I never like the feeling from the stock 4 pots, even with braided lines. Always felt spongy and like they needed to be bled. Swapped and never looked back.
Dad then tried my original 4pot Tokicos on his ZRX1200 with the adaptor brackets and within the week he ordered a set of NISSINs to go on instead!

p.s. There was a limited edition ZX14 that came out with gold calipers if you can find them!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
I never like the feeling from the stock 4 pots, even with braided lines. Always felt spongy and like they needed to be bled. Swapped and never looked back.
Dad then tried my original 4pot Tokicos on his ZRX1200 with the adaptor brackets and within the week he ordered a set of NISSINs to go on instead!

p.s. There was a limited edition ZX14 that came out with gold calipers if you can find them!
Ok, thanks. I took one apart and all the grooves are clean as a whistle. No corrosion. So cleaned everything. Polished the pucks and put it back together. I have nissins on Brembo rotors and they are great.
I’ll try a zx14 Nissin brake cylinder, steel lines and the sbsHH sintered pads since I have it almost ready. Thanks again Steve.?

ps no 30th year anniversary zx14 gold calipers on eBay....lol ??

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So...Steve you are correct sir. Spongy. They lock up the rotor. Release just fine. But feels like air is in the system. The Nissin master has a bleeder. So no bubbles there. No air coming out of the calipers. But they are soft.
??
cmg

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts
Yes, annoying..
I remember around that 04-06 the local superbike (or superstock) racers having huge issues because they had the same calipers and part of the regulations were they must run stock brakes. You'd see between races they'd be in the pits madly rebleeding their brakes!
So they basically gave up on running ZX10s for that period.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
are you guys cracking the banjos loose too when bleeding? or just the bleeder screws?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
are you guys cracking the banjos loose too when bleeding? or just the bleeder screws?
I did the banjos. Pucks pushed all the way in. Pads against the rotors. The master has a bleeder. The lever has 1inch of travel. Then gets hard. But with a little stronger pull on the lever, the lever will come closer towards the grip.

cmg

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts
I wonder whats the difference between the Tokicos on the Kawas compared to whats on the CBR1000RR etc

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I wonder whats the difference between the Tokicos on the Kawas compared to whats on the CBR1000RR etc
The only real difference I see comparing the Nissin & Brembo with these Tokico calipers is where the brake line attaches. There must be a problem with feeding the caliper from the center. The Nis.& Brem.feed from the top.
905DE975-90D4-4D70-9475-D637CFF851BA.png
E79FA2D4-E4B1-4F0F-B8F4-524A556DD332.jpeg

41 - 60 of 108 Posts