Kawasaki World banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
unless its trapping air, it should be the same if its feeding anywhere and the ports are big enough
maybe the issue is in the master?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Couple issues with the front brakes. As Scott mentioned, I switched out to a known good m/c. It was night and day. The different master is a zx10 brembo. Bled great and was an immediate improvement.
the zx14 nissin was off a 2011 that was pillaged for a cart. It was practically new. So something is wrong with it.
The other issue as Steve had suggested, the calipers are extremely hard to bleed. I made sure I took note of the internal porting and held the calipers at the angle that would have the ports at 12 o’clock. Lots of bleeding. Ridiculous really. Then I attached a 3” clear hose to the bleeder and cracked the bleeder. Compressing the brake lever enough to bring fluid into the hose I tied off the lever. Left the calipers overnight with the short hose and bleeders cracked open. One last pull of the lever, closed the bleeders. And the brake lever feels really good.
6703DDAF-9F37-46A8-BC30-592C49CCB25E.jpeg

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looking good! Happy to hear you succeeded to sort out the issue with the front brakes. On a small side note, I changed out the Nissin Radial MC I had on my bike for a Brembo RC19, and "Wow" the brake feels good, still run the same Nissin 4 piston calipers.. That said, I have not been able to take my bike out for a ride, only ridden it inside the parking garage, so final verdict still remains..

/Tom

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Looking good! Happy to hear you succeeded to sort out the issue with the front brakes. On a small side note, I changed out the Nissin Radial MC I had on my bike for a Brembo RC19, and "Wow" the brake feels good, still run the same Nissin 4 piston calipers.. That said, I have not been able to take my bike out for a ride, only ridden it inside the parking garage, so final verdict still remains..

/Tom
Very good. Will be looking forward to your riding impressions. ?

cmg

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Wanted to see what kind of swingarm angel we have here. The bottom hole is too much angel. The second hole is in the ball park.
The oem dog bones are between these two holes. So I will check those tomorrow.

cmg
FBBA357A-C640-40D4-9C09-C6FFB88998AF.jpeg
E0399C86-29DF-46D3-A571-569499342CA7.jpeg
13EF9709-6A66-43A3-89F7-23E233286A2E.jpeg
45A5E80A-8236-4ED0-BD2A-AEBE52D38F82.jpeg

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Exhaust is done. Arata is a great pipe for a stocker. This one was beat up pretty good in a spill. ? I pulled out all the dents in #4 head pipe & the mid pipe (ugly). Still made 204 hp and 205.9mph. (201.3 with my fat arse).
B43BCF2C-CF91-499C-A3F4-3DF6C766CF88.jpeg

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ugly....
But a mid pipe by itself is probably unatainium ? Beat up aratas on eBay are always $1000??
9A704638-9FAD-40C5-AEF8-038751C78DDF.jpeg

it was smashed pretty good right here. ☹

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Gotta have a damper in case we go racing.
Have to do a track day...right?

lined it all up.
02147A26-7C4D-41A9-A750-48BD61830943.jpeg

marked where the holes have to go. Drill. ?
E7AEED27-6116-4614-BF83-7CB37CB808CB.jpeg

Grease on the drill bit collects most of the junk.
239908CC-28EB-4186-8E41-573AEAD7D259.jpeg

tape a wrench to my long 10mm wrench and the nuts up front are easy.

cmg

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
Couple issues with the front brakes. As Scott mentioned, I switched out to a known good m/c. It was night and day. The different master is a zx10 brembo. Bled great and was an immediate improvement.
the zx14 nissin was off a 2011 that was pillaged for a cart. It was practically new. So something is wrong with it.
The other issue as Steve had suggested, the calipers are extremely hard to bleed. I made sure I took note of the internal porting and held the calipers at the angle that would have the ports at 12 o’clock. Lots of bleeding. Ridiculous really. Then I attached a 3” clear hose to the bleeder and cracked the bleeder. Compressing the brake lever enough to bring fluid into the hose I tied off the lever. Left the calipers overnight with the short hose and bleeders cracked open. One last pull of the lever, closed the bleeders. And the brake lever feels really good.
The main issue I had was them getting soft after being used a few times, with some harder braking thrown in, and that was following being bled properly etc.
Mind you, I was using the stock 06 master cylinder.
But my brother used the stock 06 master cylinder with his NISSINs with no issues.
I hope the Brembo master makes the difference and works out ok!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The main issue I had was them getting soft after being used a few times, with some harder braking thrown in, and that was following being bled properly etc.
Mind you, I was using the stock 06 master cylinder.
But my brother used the stock 06 master cylinder with his NISSINs with no issues.
I hope the Brembo master makes the difference and works out ok!
These calipers are like new. Plus I like the gold with the blue. So I hope I can get some use out of them. But if they give me any issues then I’m done with them. Got my eye out for some gold nissins!!!

cmg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice work. I do really like the blue now that I look at it. Spring is so close......I do need a steering damper on mine too. Had a couple issues with last couple, before adding one.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Nice work. I do really like the blue now that I look at it. Spring is so close......I do need a steering damper on mine too. Had a couple issues with last couple, before adding one.
I wish the muzzy damper mount kit was still available. Really well done. No drilling too.

cmg

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Stinks that we have to hide the jewels. Bear makes pretty parts.
6F0EEEA5-0698-406E-8570-0982A22EA540.jpeg

I don’t like venting the crankcase into the intake. Unifilter makes a nice mini.
0A88DEE3-4EDD-4DE3-8EC1-E0F818E7A3FE.jpeg
9A159479-F373-454C-9173-F47565828CB7.jpeg

Plugged the hole with a wellnut.

220 gauge has bad pins. So alittle swapping of gauge faces.
0F52CF8E-DFEA-4140-8D7A-B4E58092C9D0.jpeg

The needles are pressed on. Have to be careful when prying them off. The face plate has some glue at the center. Have to be careful prying on that as well.

cmg

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wish the muzzy damper mount kit was still available. Really well done. No drilling too.

cmg
Me too. I had that and the Scott's. I like the Muzzy much better.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
cmg, what size/brand is that filter for the crank venting? I've currently got the CC mod but looking to getting block off plates and want a reliable filter for the crank vent.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Duck00* Think this is the push-in breather, Click Link ..but I have no idea about the inner diam. of the tube (guess is its either a 3/8" or 1/2" diam) that comes from the crankcase at this moment. I am shore CMG will tell us the size of the push-in breather he used.

Also.. My question is. If one uses a crank case breather, do you only need to add the block off plates and then you can completely take off everything that has to do with the Kleen Air stuff? Or do you still need to add the tubes according to the "Blitz Kleen Air Delete/Removal"..

/Tom

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
cmg, what size/brand is that filter for the crank venting? I've currently got the CC mod but looking to getting block off plates and want a reliable filter for the crank vent.
As Mefirst said, push in style. It’s a snug fit so won’t pop out.
cmg
0E26D587-F680-4331-BF5B-30D1DD9D16EA.jpeg

61 - 80 of 108 Posts