Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode a couple long hours on my 12 out in the country (DFW Texas) with my buds on their Harleys and was feeling it in my wrists, elbows, back and arse all weekend. May have been a wake up call for me to finally move to a 14... where bar risers and cushy aftermarket seats are readily available. I'm gonna have to turn these guys down if I'm invited on another ride... thats no good.

You 12 guys ever have these thoughts?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You are just not using it enough.

Reactions: tomonever

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is great to know. I had such A-blast on the long ride that I wanna keep it up.

Any recommendations on 14 years? I was thinking 2012 and newer to get to larger displacement. And definitely an R model. And green for sure! Any other recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rode a couple long hours on my 12 out in the country (DFW Texas) with my buds on their Harleys and was feeling it in my wrists, elbows, back and arse all weekend. May have been a wake up call for me to finally move to a 14... where bar risers and cushy aftermarket seats are readily available. I'm gonna have to turn these guys down if I'm invited on another ride... thats no good.

You 12 guys ever have these thoughts?
Owned my 2005 since new, curious how old are you? Long rides with Harleys, yeah you're on a whole different type of bike for sure. They do make risers for 12s too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
52. But one guy was on his brand new KTM1290 who has at least 10 years on me and he felt like a million bucks afterward. So funny

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at a super clean 2012 zx14r today with under 10k. She is calling to me...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With helibars no doubt

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Center stand is a bit odd... convenient for maintenance.

Looked at a 2016 today. Like it better than the 2012 with chrome wheels i think.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The centre stands are quite useful, I had an '08 14 for a short while and ordered the centre stand which comes with a hand-grab bar that attaches to the left side under the tail area. Great for wheel/chain maintenance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Duck since you owned a 14 and a 12, which did you find more comfortable? And of those bikes did either have Heli bars or an upgraded seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The centre stands are quite useful, I had an '08 14 for a short while and ordered the centre stand which comes with a hand-grab bar that attaches to the left side under the tail area. Great for wheel/chain maintenance.
Went to a Kawasaki ride event sponsored by Kawasaki a 2 times since owning my 12. I was not impressed with the 14, I was very impressed with the 14R. I said if anything ever happens to my 12 I will get a 14R. I am 9 up on 71R and at 6'4" and that bike fits me like a glove. Now with the 14R sailing off into the sunset I find myself considering a bike I have loathed since 2005. A Hayabusa. Rode a 1999 Hayabusa back in 2001 for a few miles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats cool jimb. I used to be 6'4! Also I never cared for the look of the 14 since I've been considering them they have grown on me quite a bit. I am not even considering a model before 2012. R all the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts