Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely ride this bike, look like brand new (Phantom Silver) with about 10k miles. Valves adjustment just done.
Have Corbin seat, Heli-bar (1st gen) and 2 brothers Titanium slip-on
Price seems to be all over the place. What would be a good price to sell it reasonably fast?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I've seen some like yours listed at $3500-4500 and seem to be sitting for a while.

I'd say if you want a fast sell, start at $3500 and see if you get some bites.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I started having the selling thoughts myself. Any time I ride the 12, now that I started doing that, I find that I have reached the speed limit in 2nd, or, worse, 1st gear, and there's nothing left to do in the traffic-infested Colorado front range. Track? Never done it. I am thinking maybe I am getting too old for a super sport.
I also know that I have taken this one down to a bolt and that it is put together as if for a space mission, and if I sell it I will probably regret it later. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
my brother just sold the same bike, color and year,, twice the mileage for $3200.00 here in NY. myself I like FREE 99.
BTW he then took the cash to Albany and bought an 02 blue with 1800 miles and what appears to be a frozen clutch...... that's why you don't go buy a bike without big bro or at least wait till its not a rainy day so you can test ride it!

·
Registered
571 Posts
just sold my ultra clean 2001 w/ 57,000 miles, pc3, throttlemeister, new tires, for $3500

I'd shoot for $4-4250. you can always dicker down.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I started having the selling thoughts myself. Any time I ride the 12, now that I started doing that, I find that I have reached the speed limit in 2nd, or, worse, 1st gear, and there's nothing left to do in the traffic-infested Colorado front range. Track? Never done it. I am thinking maybe I am getting too old for a super sport.
I also know that I have taken this one down to a bolt and that it is put together as if for a space mission, and if I sell it I will probably regret it later. Decisions, decisions...
As you know I sold my 12 last year and regretted it straight away and brought her back 4 months later, saying that she is MOT'd for 12 months but cannot get the interest so far to tax her; I'm having more fun on the XJR taking the kids out at the moment to bother with the 12. Around here you need the right type of road to enjoy the 12 and sadly they are few and far between, the XJR can be ridden virtualy on any road with any problems....A or B roads etc.....
Don't need the money so little point selling her but just wonder if she will be used this year...wasteful but thats life :thumbup:

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I sold my A1 in 2007 and say I didn't regret it right away, but last summer I felt the need to bring it back home and was able to purchase it again. I put several hundred dollars in it in replacing a few odds and ends, most being the battery (now Ballistic equipped). The ZRX is my daily rider and the 12 is there for when I need to feel speed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I talked with a neighbor who in his wisdom suggested that we go on a few hundred mile ride, and then I decide whether to keep or sell the 12. I think I prefer a more upright position, like a ZZR or Concours. Will see.
I admit that after riding the 12 last fall and then sticking with my VX800, I missed the smooth cornering and unlimited acceleration by springtime. The 800 turns like a horse wagon compared to the 12. I didn't miss half the fuel mileage for sure. I think I will do the longer ride and also try a FJR and another sport cruiser that may fit my tall frame.
I should have started with sport bikes when I was younger. At this point speed feels good but comfort, even better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts