Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bargain price £110 fully comp with 6 years protected NCB and legal cover... zero voluntary excess and £350 compulsary......:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to here there's still cheap insurance out there.Mine's due in october,any recommendations? Cheers everybody.
I'm with Hastings Direct Pete try an online quote just stick Micky Mouse and a void mobile in just incase it comes out high as they are bound to ring you once you hit the "Get Quote" button, I do the same on comparison sites, find the cheapest then go there but never ever stick correct email/name or phone number down.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm with Hastings Direct Pete try an online quote just stick Micky Mouse and a void mobile in just incase it comes out high as they are bound to ring you once you hit the "Get Quote" button, I do the same on comparison sites, find the cheapest then go there but never ever stick correct email/name or phone number down.....:thumbup:
Mine is also through Hastings and I just paid the renewal this year without even getting other quotes, it was that reasonable.
I have to agree with Mauser, as above. MCN Compare is a good place to start but definitely put in fake contact details or you will be getting grief for weeks. I have been known to put in MCE Insurance's own phone number as my contact details as they're the worst for nuisance calls. :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tried Hastings Direct and they were cheap BUT the cover was for rider only-no pillion cover.Have your wife on the back and you're not covered.Alright for you weekend warriors,but no good for me when we're off to a rally,fully loaded and twos up!May be an idea everyone reads the small print on their polocies,would hate to have anyone riding,thinking they were insured,when infact they're not!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tried Hastings Direct and they were cheap BUT the cover was for rider only-no pillion cover.Have your wife on the back and you're not covered.Alright for you weekend warriors,but no good for me when we're off to a rally,fully loaded and twos up!May be an idea everyone reads the small print on their polocies,would hate to have anyone riding,thinking they were insured,when infact they're not!!
tesco compare loads of options..

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
19 Pillion Passenger
You have agreed that you will not carry pillion passengers on the insured vehicle. If an accident occurs while you are carrying a pillion passenger, your insurer will not pay any claim for accidental damage under section 1 (Loss of or Damage to your motorcycle) of your policy.

Above is from Hastings Insurance Documents as you say it looks like your not covered for pillions....however I have just rang hastings and they have confirmed I am covered and they have just the document which shows cover :thumbup: you got me worried for a moment :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Above is from Hastings Insurance Documents as you say it looks like your not covered for pillions....however I have just rang hastings and they have confirmed I am covered and they have just the document which shows cover :thumbup: you got me worried for a moment :)
the main point is THEY have it and Not YOU and it may not be there when and if you claim :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine is through Hastings, underwritten by Advantage.
I have Pillion cover.
I have done comparison sites that gave me the option of ZX12R or ZX12R Ninja. Never select Ninja!!! ZX12R Ninja was about £1200 whereas ZX12R was £under £200. Current with 5 years no claims is £104, age 45. I haven't insured my kit this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts