Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know which 2 wires get tapped to check Voltage? just bought my handy tandy radio shack multimeter,, and on my off day im gonna check the TPS Voltage to set the values on my Wego for 0%/100%,, and also Calibrate the Sensor and then im good to go.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Never mind, Dave beat me to it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yep, I cover up mistakes fast. :king: :lol:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does " go across the wires mean?" i see that it is the 2 top wires,, but does one have to have the red lead on the multitester,, is one of them hot,, or does it not matter? its not very articulate and i dont want to trash something.. anyone?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Vic,

The red led from the multimeter goes on the middle wire of the connector and the black led of the multimeter goes on the top wire(ground) of connector

Herb

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
next question,, does battery health play a role,, i came in at 1.04/4.29 and then let it charge for about an hour and it came it at
1.03/4.27 does it make sense that the voltage is getting lower as the battery charges? (battery was almost dead,, )
clickin),, still not near 1.084/1.086?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
next question,, does battery health play a role,, i came in at 1.04/4.29 and then let it charge for about an hour and it came it at
1.03/4.27 does it make sense that the voltage is getting lower as the battery charges? (battery was almost dead,, )
clickin),, still not near 1.084/1.086?
Hello Wylde

The voltage reading should be between 1.084 volts and 1.086 volts

(Much better throttle response if you set to 1.16 volts)

I do not understand where 1.03/4.29 came from or what you really mean:puzzled:

PS: best to let your battery charge up for 24 hours on a low charge

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Dave,, those are values of Voltage that need to be set in the Data Log program,, the low Voltage tested was @ 1.03 representing idle and the High number was 4.29 being 100% full throttle.. it must be off due to a dead battery,, does that make sense? was tested with the ignition OFF and an almost dead battery,, gonna let it charge over night. and see what i get. thanx

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK,, i checked the Voltage after work today(it was on the Charger and the bike starts) and it is the same,, Low is 1.053 and the High is 4.28,, what does this mean? what would cause it to be out of spec like that,, i think i read that it should be 1.084-1.086 anyone?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Dave,, it charges so i dont knwo what the Hell? so i might just have to adjust it,, how many guys that you know of have done the 1.16 and like it? how did you come up with that Voltage number?
will i have to mess with the idle after that?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Don't worry about the high, you are setting the idle number or closed. If you have a Power Commander, there is a screen to set the 0-100% throttle range so the PC reads correctly.

I have mine at 1.16, had to adjust the idle a bit, seemed to idle a little smoother and a little better throttle response.. snappier like?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wylde,

I think !!!!! I may know what you are trying to do, here we go with an explanation.

You are needing a 'throttle closed/tick over' voltage reading, from the TPS, to register with your data logger.

You are needing a 'throttle fully open/WOT' voltage reading, from the TPS, to register with your data logger.

(Standard Factory Set TPS = from 1.084 volts dc to 1.086 Volts dc.)

The 'TPS adjustment procedure' set to 1.16 volts dc ( set at throttle closed/tick over) is to give better throttle response through-out the rev range, but nothing to do with setting up your data logger. This is a mild tuning option

If you want to leave your TPS 'factory setting', it should read between 1.084v dc and 1.086v dc. This would be your 'throttle closed/tick over' voltage reading

You will then need to take a voltage reading from the TPS with the throttle fully open/WOT.

These are what I think your need to 'put into' your data logger, so the data logger can monitor the the voltage readings as you open and close the throttle, then knowing what the 'air fuel ratio' is for a given - throttle position, gear position, rpm, road speed etc is.

I hope this is a help.

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
exactly,, the only reason for this question is that im not within the 1.084-6,, i am at 1.05X on the low side,, should this be a concern or should i just run it?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
exactly,, the only reason for this question is that im not within the 1.084-6,, i am at 1.05X on the low side,, should this be a concern or should i just run it?
You should set it to the stock setting if nothing else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts