Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After some advice please!

I have a drag only 05 12 which I blew up 4.5 years ago. Finally got enough $$$ together to get a complete engine from the wreckers which is an 03.

Replaced sparkplugs, did valve clearances, changed the ignition rotor to 05 from old motor, had injectors cleaned, cleaned fuel tank and put in fresh fuel.

Tried to start it last night but it's just popping and farting - to me it sounds like a timing issue but I don't know how that can be out?

Any advice greatly appreciated :grin2:

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Second the cam settings, doesn't take much to put them out...as I have found out myself....

Only other thing I could think of is if the atmospheric pressure sensor has been buggered?

(Also something I know about....)

Don.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duck00 - atmospheric pressure sensor - will that show as error code on FI light?

Dastardly - all hoses look ok and connected

rmk - everything seems to be plugged in correctly but will double check

Other wise looks like it's time to pull the cam cover :(

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yes it will, cannot recall which number code while typing this but it is in the manual if you have one, rmk is saying the same thing as I was trying to!

Don.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Your looking at the timing lug for the cam position sensor on the end of the Exhaust cam. They are in different positions depending on year and model. The ECU needs this to know when to fire the spark plugs at the right time when starting the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts