Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies & Gents,

Looking to replace my Perelli Corsa's. Date stamp is 1404, yes, 14 yrs old and still on the bike. Lots of tread, low mileage but the compound is getting hard. The size I've used since the stock 200's has been 190/50.

I'm looking to go to a 190/55 profile and was wondering if anyone has had any fitting issues specifically with the stock swing arm. Because of the taller tire, I'm concerned it may rub up against the middle of the arm at the tallest point of the tire.

Also looking at trying out the Pilot Power 2CT's as well. Looks like a great all around street and some track tire.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Todd.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’m running with 200/55 rear and the only fitting issue is with fitting an aftermarket swing arm fender. Most are made to fit over a /50 tire. Otherwise it fits perfectly and corners better than a /50.

The type I have front and rear is a Bridgestone S21. I’m happy with them so I can’t really comment on another brand from my own experience.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m running with 200/55 rear and the only fitting issue is with fitting an aftermarket swing arm fender. Most are made to fit over a /50 tire. Otherwise it fits perfectly and corners better than a /50.

The type I have front and rear is a Bridgestone S21. I’m happy with them so I can’t really comment on another brand from my own experience.
Thanks for the info!

I have no fender on mine so that shouldn't be an issue. If you can fit a 200/55 than there should be no issues with the 190.

Cheers,
Todd.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You may have bought new tires already but if not Id give the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires a try, 120/70-17 front and 190/55-17. I have them on my bike and I really like them. I run 34-35 Psi of air pressure in the front and 37.5 Psi in the rear - Feels perfect!

/Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may have bought new tires already but if not Id give the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires a try, 120/70-17 front and 190/55-17. I have them on my bike and I really like them. I run 34-35 Psi of air pressure in the front and 37.5 Psi in the rear - Feels perfect!

/Tom
They were on my short list. I'm replacing a set of Diablo Corsa's (first version of the series Date stamp 1404). They were good, no complaints. Before them I used Pilot Powers (first of that series as well) and had a few track days on them. They were a very stable tire, inspiring a lot of confidence on the track. That's why I want to go back and try another set of Michelins. Something geared to more spirited road riding and the odd track day if it came up. And they were a little cheaper than the Pirelli's as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts