Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this topic has been discussed at length here but I am looking for the most current thoughts.
It is time for me to replace tires and I want to know what everyone thinks about the Pilot, Bridgestones and Dunlops ... specifically what tires you are using for street riding, I am not taking the 12 to the track, and if you have switched to the 180 versus the 200.
All help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I am running 180 rear and loving it..... I am Running Pirellis.... I will never go to 200 again... May go 190 since I have a source for good 190 takeoffs.... :lol:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
zx12richard said:
I am running 180 rear and loving it..... I am Running Pirellis.... I will never go to 180 again... May go 190 since I have a source for good 190 takeoffs.... :lol:
Did you mean 200??? I really think you meant 200. Right?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well...

Currently I've got a Pirelli Dragon 190 out back & it's a good tire. (Hooks well, it's Race compound SC2) The main thing I really like about the 180 series is that it make the bike feel so much lighter.
When running the curves the 180's just seem to lean, hook & go...where as the 200 felt like there is a brick hanging off each side of the swingarm. :shock: (Sorry, but thats the best I can describe the heavy feeling)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well everything the guys have said and will say is dead on, dropping a size or 2 makes for a huge difference. I personally tried the 190 onthe rear and it makes such a difference that I am actually going back to the 200. ( D207RR ) It works well on curves and, at least for me , it felt like I was riding a razors edge, lean to either side slightly and your in for a turn... :D , its just that I do most of my riding on straights and what curves I come across are usually long and banked. Try a take off from a local track and that should make your mind up w/o having to dump alot of $$ into a " test " tire. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Same thing I have SC2 only in slick version.... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts