Kawasaki World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a new set of tires. What are the latest and greatest? My first thought is getting a set of Metzeler Sportec m-1 with a 180 rear tire. Could you all please give me some recommendations?

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I hear good things about the Sportec. I can personally vouch for Michelin Pilot M2-Race tires, though. They are some sticky mothers. And the mileage has been surprisingly good.

Once you go 180 on back, you will never go back. 180 changes the entire behavior of the 12. Just be careful for awhile getting used to them, the bike turns in much faster with 180s....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
180's and 190's are just fine. Everything else is out.

You'd be hard pressed to tell looking at my bike that it is a different sized tire from the 200.

20mm ain't much, but it makes a helluva difference in handling. :wink:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've had great luck with the Rennsports. Not great mileage, but grip like glue. I use them for the track and they corner great and yet are stable at 170+ mph on long straights like Road America's. For the aggressive street rider I think the M-1s are excellent also.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Well Avenger, its .75092 % of the size of your Avatar running 1024 x 768 resolution. Which to me isn't alot.

Point being that it is not so drastic a change that the tire looks odd on the 12, but makes a drastic improvement in handling. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
lol

hehehe......just being a smart ass Blitz......I know how you really enjoy them !!!!! :lol:
And WHATZ wrong with my Avitar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmm

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
:lol: :lol:

Hey Avenger, that can on the your bike looks quite large. What is it?

Its gotta be at least 2" bigger around than my Akra.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
UMMMMMMMM

:oops: Well................er...........ummmm................DONT GET OFF THE SUBJECT MAN !!!!! And quit looking at my can !! :twisted:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have some suggestions on where to get tires? If someone on the board owns a shop, I'd rather help support them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tuna, GreenMamba is your man. He can set you up real good. When it comes time to replace mine, I will be pinging him. No questions asked!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
CharlieTuna said:
Anyone have some suggestions on where to get tires? If someone on the board owns a shop, I'd rather help support them.
I have 3 bikes so I'm poor just from buying tires! I get my tires from Chaparral Motorsports. I got BT010's on my 12 now with a 190 rear. I like the tires (and the price) and will stick with them, but I'll try a 180 next time.

That's my 2cents.

Rich

1 - 18 of 18 Posts