Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to clean/polish my titanium can on my 02 zx12?

Between riding, and my wife's sole marks from the boots, shoes or whatever she wears... my can has a goldish color (from heat) with all kinds of heal marks...

What options do I have as far as cleaning the pipe.

I notice alot of clean&shiny exhaust systems in the picture post topics...

Tell me... whats the secret...

What do u guys think? A friend wants to sell me a full hindle exhaust system for $400 (he had a custome hindle made for his 12)... Should I buy this one, OR purchase an akro...

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
If the Hindle is in good shape, for $400, I'd snag it if I were you.... :!:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
There are alot of good products on the market. I use Mothers for most of my needs. Works well on the Ti pipe as well as alum., ss, etc. Most speed shops carry Mothers polish. Go back a few pages on this site, the same question was asked about a week ago.

I'm thinking of the Hindle also for my 12, not 100% sure yet but I don't recall any dissatisifed Hindle owners. My biggest concern is the map or the lack thereof right now for a Hindle equipped '02. From what I understand, that's about to change.

Scott W.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rubbing compound of moderate courseness. Fine is too fine and wont' remove it..........Using compound your exhaust will get brighter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Crap on exhaust

At the risk of being bombed....I got some goo on my stainless exhaust pipe a while back. I think it was melted "sole of shoe". It looked like a tar smear, but it was hard and plasticky.

Mothers, WD-40, citrus, brake cleaner....nothing I tried even budged the baked on stuff.

Heat up the pipe, spray some EZ-Off Oven cleaner on a rag, wipe carefully....took it right off, no marks on the metal - shazam - crap gone!

I'd try it on a small titanium spot on the inside before going wacko.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I got a spot on my stainless steel pipe.... Thought it was stainless... Piss's me off...

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I remember somebody else saying oven cleaner worked well, too.....

Does your pipe smell like chocolate chip cookies afterwards, though? :lol:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Nebraska12R said:
Never Dull and some elbow grease
DOH !!!! Just brought back memories of Parris Island and polishing the plumbing in the head on Sundays !!!! We used Never Dull ( actually, I think it was called dura-glit, same stuff though) on just about anything metal that you could shine in the Corps., including the floor buffers. Thanks for the memory 8)

Scott W.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts