Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?:

I am looking for an ecu for a 2000 zx12r.. Not the standard 21175-1069 number that comes on most of them. The ecu has a strange part number. I believe that it was the ECU used before the hi altitude ecu. The ecu doesn't have to be in working order, but I need it to complete the ECU project..

By the way all zx12r in the years 2000-2003 can now be reprogrammed. Ignition, Fuel, ram air correction, warm up maps, and gear maps can all be changed to optimum..

thanks,

supra
send pm or respond

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
supra5677 said:

By the way all zx12r in the years 2000-2003 can now be reprogrammed. Ignition, Fuel, ram air correction, warm up maps, and gear maps can all be changed to optimum..

thanks,

supra
send pm or respond
So, you are offering to reprogram them? You can more or less tweak it like a PC3R?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ridge Racer on bikeland is in charge of the re programming project. He can reflash your ECU for a small donation..

And NO it is not like the pc3 or pc3r.. its way beyond.. You can program the ecu directly and see whats already in the ecu.. you can extend the rev limiter, remove all speed and rev limit limitations, you can tune individual cylinders, change the ignition curve, find the strongest gear via the gear position etc... kind of like a motec

supra

·
Registered
225 Posts
supra5677 said:
Ridge Racer on bikeland is in charge of the re programming project. He can reflash your ECU for a small donation..

And NO it is not like the pc3 or pc3r.. its way beyond.. You can program the ecu directly and see whats already in the ecu.. you can extend the rev limiter, remove all speed and rev limit limitations, you can tune individual cylinders, change the ignition curve, find the strongest gear via the gear position etc... kind of like a motec

supra
I know you guys had been working on that since about last year i think. Glad to see you folks over there at bikeland cracked it. Any other projects we may be interested in?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
supra5677 said:

supra
how exactly do you determine what is the best setting/tune without the bike sitting there in front of you on a dyno? or do you have just general "flashes" that seem to work for said modifications?

I'm VERY interested in doing this, LMK.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are somewhat computer literate you can flash the ecu with a specific 250.00 connector cable and a notch in the back of the ecu..

Instead of tuning with a pc3r you can tune directly to the ecu
You can see actual ignition maps in degrees BTDC, actual fuel maps, everything the ecu has to offer..

read the thread on bikeland if your interested.. its a long thread..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spent RR a 32bit ecu for a zx10r.. since the newer 6r, 10r, and 12r's use 32 bit they probably use a similar code.. After the 16 bit project is done I'm sure he'll move on to the 32 bit.. The short answer is probably yes..

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
This is all real and already done! The only thing is 2000 and 2001 are done. He has more work to do (I think) on the 2002 to 2003 and nothing on the 2004 and 2005

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently picked up an 03 zx-12 with about 11K on it. I love the bike after having (2) ZX9's and it is the perfect machine for me. Regardless I am looking to do some ECU mods to eliminate the top speed limiter. Where do we stand on this project?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I recently picked up an 03 zx-12 with about 11K on it. I love the bike after having (2) ZX9's and it is the perfect machine for me. Regardless I am looking to do some ECU mods to eliminate the top speed limiter. Where do we stand on this project?
The ECU on the '03 can be reflashed. You can do some research over on Bikeland to see the details of doing it yourself, or you could sent it out.

Ace Performance did my '02 ECU:

www.AcePerformance.com

If all you are doing is getting rid of the speed limiter, you can do that with a Muzzy Bonneville Box.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If all you are doing is getting rid of the speed limiter, you can do that with a Muzzy Bonneville Box.
Ive got one of those i should try and sell.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
More questions on the 2000 ZX12R ECU's

Do you have to J-Tag the ECU's to access these settings?:runaway: Is there any way to set up (improve) the settings on a 2000 ZX12R ECU? Is it even worth while? Someone told me that I could raise the rev. limiter for another 1000 or so RPM. Is this true? Does anyone have a ECU Flash link that they can e-mail me please? :puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:
Please send to [email protected]?
Thank you very much. By the way. How about putting a ZX12R picture at the top of all the ZX12R pages? Better yet, put 1 picture for every year that they were made or an icon sized picture of all the members bikes that expands to a large clear HD pic? My bike's 14 years old & it looks just as good as a brand new bike. My wife has a 2001 GSXR 750 Suzuki & the same goes for it. We had to replace a stator coil on it about 3 years ago. Put in a heavy duty 1 The Kawasaki didn't need anything replaced or repaired. It's 1 hell of a tough motorcycle if I do say so myself. No! that doesn't mean that I rod the shit out of it. It's a very dependable bike.
Thank you very much.
Big H

I am looking for an ecu for a 2000 zx12r.. Not the standard 21175-1069 number that comes on most of them. The ecu has a strange part number. I believe that it was the ECU used before the hi altitude ecu. The ecu doesn't have to be in working order, but I need it to complete the ECU project..

thanks,

supra
send pm or respond

·
Registered
15 Posts

supra
Hi, Do you know if there is anyone in the UK that can flash an A1 ecu?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I believe Scott Davis is the only person doing A1 flashing. In the past, the best you could do is cut into the ecu replace a crystal.

cmg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts