Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just to give you an idea I'm making 258 hp on a dry shot and don't have an airshifter once I'm in second gear the finger stays on the button till I cross the line. 8.90s on many weekends flawless operation and even more dyno runs just try and not hit rev limiter it mean short shifting at 11,000 rpm instead of redline but safe is always better than boom ask Dave I think he did it once sorry Cowboy hehe not picking on you. Also you should use non platinum plugs with nitrous much safer.
ngk-R016-10 are excellent race plugs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kingzx12r said:
Just to give you an idea I'm making 258 hp on a dry shot and don't have an airshifter once I'm in second gear the finger stays on the button till I cross the line. 8.90s on many weekends flawless operation .
:shock: Damn that has got to be fun! Are you shifting with or without the clutch?

Marc

·
Registered
29 Posts
No Clutch, no lifting the throttle, and no engine kill for shifting 3rd on up under full throttle with nitrous? Please enlighten on how you do this? Auto cut tranny? Extremely long shifter to get some sort of crazy leverage? I have never seen any bike able to perform full throttle / full load upshifts with no clutch or engine kill effectively. Especially without bending shift forks severely. How exactly is this done with 258 HP and 8.90 ET's??? :?:

·
Registered
594 Posts
The finger stays on the nitrous button, I don't use the clutch to shift just blip the throttle and go. I don't think I said I leave it wot and shift maybe I'm gettting old and senile hehe.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have mine set up with a WOT first stage and button second stage there are many ways to do it and depending on what you have on your bike air shifter for instance , it will depend on how you want to do it. You can have time delay two stage, WOT, button, shift activated computer controlled depends on what yopu are trying to get and are comfortable with using.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts