Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having too much oil in your bike...will that cause your clutch to slip?...clutch is slipping when i get on it hard between after 6500 to 7000 rmps..and if too much oil causes your clutch to slip..will removing the extra oil fix the problem or is the damage already done.. :shock:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Too much oil isn't good for a number of reasons, but it isn't going to make your clutch slip, per se.

I run 3 quarts even - with a new filter.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Hey Mood, Have you adjusted your clutch cable lately? If it is properly adjusted, you might be due for some new plates.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How do you determine if there is to much to much oil in the engine. i know about the site glass but have heard thats really not accurate.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MarkCBXX1zx12R said:
Hey Mood, Have you adjusted your clutch cable lately? If it is properly adjusted, you might be due for some new plates.
yes..at the track...me and vozs..where drag racing....friend at the track loosened it up..cant it back the original way..what do you think about muzzys clutch?

·
Registered
306 Posts
The best way to determine how much is enough, is to measure the volume you put in after your oil and filter change. I have never looked to see where it lines up on the site glass though.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
I put just a hair over 3 quarts in mine with filter. Without? Who knows. I change one, I change the other.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
ewwwww!!! whoever changes oil w/o filter is moron!

middle of the glass is good.

full syn sometimes too slippery to hold clutch plates against such massive herd o horses!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts