Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to take the hub out of my 12. for fitting a prostar shift kit.

my Haynes manual says I need a clutch gear setting tool. what is that? and do I really need it?

the manual part number for the tool is 57001-1455

please help:)

and what does a complete oem clutch kit cost? and what seals do I need?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
You can use a punch instead. The ring gear has a second spring loaded ring gear right next to it . The tool lines these up . inserting a punch into the alignment hole does the same thing.

You will only need a clutch cover gasket. No seals.

cmg

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi mate. I used a filed down old Allen key for the clutch holding tool.
Clutch holder, 36mm socket & torque ratchet. If you have a decent set of Allen keys with a round head on one end, then you should be able to undo the bolts without taking the Oil pump gear out.
I put new O rings on the internal oil pipes while I was there. Semi permanent thread lock as well.
Good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mate. I used a filed down old Allen key for the clutch holding tool.
Clutch holder, 36mm socket & torque ratchet. If you have a decent set of Allen keys with a round head on one end, then you should be able to undo the bolts without taking the Oil pump gear out.
I put new O rings on the internal oil pipes while I was there. Semi permanent thread lock as well.
Good luck.
thanks... can you show me a pic of that internal oil pipe??? from the manual or anything like that

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry it's taken so long to reply , I locked myself out of the site!
Any way, not the best pictures, but you can see the copper pipe , there only small with O rings on either end. plus you can see the oil pump gear with the holes in to release the spring for the pro star.
Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts