Kawasaki World banner

tps adjustment WoWwww

Tags
tps
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rjones 
#1 ·
I did the tps adjustment today an wow it felt like a new bike i hit the gas an the front tire was in the air i think this will help my 60ft time

#4 ·
Be careful with this mod, it has its pro's and con's...in one of the threads a member said this mod isnt for every 12....I was having the low end stumble issues also, I adjusted the tps and it was like a new bike....BUT when I got on the open roads and opened the rpm's and there was a new flat spot between 8500-10000....you should check it out cuz its gonna kill you if your racing someone...I kinda learned to cope with it and shift at 9k, I live in a city, there's not enough street to red line it out here.... Check it out, I'm curious to know if you have the same issue.

#9 ·
I would think if that perky bottom hurts the top as explained in post #4, we have a balance issue?

Think of a toaster. Ohm's says; this is your balance. You do not get electrocuted, blow a fuse in the house, have the wire never warm up, etc. Granted there is a rheostat to burn your toast and all that level.

But, you took that rheostat that was in a balance. You broke the toaster's 'breakout' window by busting off the handle, thinking you can get the toast even hotter or whatever level you moved at, she took a dump, at the higher rpm, yes or no?

Would you not walk that same balance to both bikes? One works, the other does not? Then, aren't you out of that window of the balance? You went from 'FULL POWER," brought the limp down, cured that problem, but it's electrically out of "OUT OF RANGE" and doesn't that sound like a limp at the top end? The backup kicked in without the MIL check engine light coming on?

Even at that 'raggedge' you moved to, didn't you really hit the default window? Isn't the bottom stumble a sync or compression problem? "WOT is the compression balance?" is the first move.

Next move is the valve gap balance. Next is the throttle body sync balance; as per manual, or man you will still have a bog where said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.